Lamb Chops with Cucumber Slaw
This delicious meaty recipe is simple to prepare and everyone will love how the spiced lamb chops contrast with the tangy cucumber slaw. Swap the sugar in the recipe for Splenda or similar, and this becomes a great low-carb appetizer. You will need 8 lamb chops to make this along with some spices, cucumber, red onion and seasonings. If you have a spiralizer you can spiralizer your cucumber, else you need to grate or shred it.
The lamb chops can be marinated in the spice mixture if you like, but that is optional. You can apply the spices just before cooking if you prefer. Feel free to increase the amount of spices if you prefer a spicier flavor or reduce the amount of spices to keep the taste milder. You can even change the suggested spices for others, since pretty much anything goes here, so if you want to get creative and give your lamb chops a Moroccan or Cajun flair, go for it, because any spice combination is sure to work nicely with the cucumber and red onion slaw on the side which is cooling and sweet.
Pan-frying is easy but if you prefer to cook these on the grill that is also fine. The cooking time will be similar, but cut gently into one of the chops to check. Most people prefer their lamb golden brown on the outside but pinkish on the inside. Cooking them further, until the meat is brown inside, means the lamb will be less moist. Remember to let the lamb chops sit for a few minutes between cooking and serving, because then you can expect a juicier result. Lamb chops are often served as part of an entrée, in which case people will have more than just a couple of them, but there is no reason you cannot serve a couple of lamb chops with some homemade slaw as a wonderful, delicious appetizer.
- 1 peeled, spiralized or shredded cucumber
- 1 peeled, spiralized or shredded red onion
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 5 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 lamb chops
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Put the cucumber and onion in a bowl.
- Dissolve the sugar in the vinegar and grind in some salt and black pepper.
- Add this mixture to the cucumber and onion.
- Let the cucumber slaw sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cumin, coriander, cloves, turmeric, chili powder, paprika and nutmeg.
- Drizzle half the olive oil over the lamb and sprinkle the spice mixture on the lamb.
- Now rub the spices into the lamb on both sides.
- Warm the remaining oil in a skillet or griddle pan.
- Pan-fry the lamb chops for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until they are brown on the outside but slightly pink inside.
- Let them rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve the lamb chops with the cucumber slaw.
So you are looking for a hot appetizer recipe to impress? That is no problem because this one is ideal for any occasion. You can expect the lamb to be crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, while the cucumber and red onion slaw is amazing and a great reason to invest in a spiralizer for the kitchen. Yes this gadget is much more timesaving than having to grate the cucumber by hand! Swap the sugar for Splenda and this becomes a low-carb appetizer which is full of flavor and appeal.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37778 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29235 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21327 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16225 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13791 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)