Yummy Vegetarian Appetizers
Vegetarian appetizers can be really good. Even if you are a carnivore you will find you do not miss the meat at all, because of all the beautiful flavors in the vegetarian appetizers. Some recipes have been adapted from meat ones, replacing the meat with a vegetarian alternative, while others are naturally vegetarian, based on fruit, vegetables, eggs, cheese, nuts, and other tasty ingredients.
A Few Tempting Ideas
Try baked vegetable chips if you want something crunchy, fried mushrooms if you crave something juicy, puff pastry spinach squares if you want to make something classy, or crispy fried bananas if you want a sweet appetizer. There is plenty of choice and even if you do not want to use any vegetables at all, that is fine, because there are plenty of options for you. Dips are always popular and a lot of these are meat and fish-free. Spinach and cheese dip is always good and you can make it in a slow cooker, or how about a classic dip such as hummus or homemade salsa?
Our chilled endive appetizer is very elegant and would be perfect for a dinner party while the goat’s cheese stuffed peppers suits pretty much any season or occasion. There really is something for every palate in the collection, no matter whether you want hot or cold appetizers, mild or spicy ones, or ones which have a ‘meaty’ flavor to them despite not containing any meat.
Plenty of Options for Vegetarians
You can get a nice, robust, earthy flavor from using ingredients like mushrooms or you can use tofu or Quorn (or similar meat substitute) perhaps. There are also plenty of recipes which were once limited to carnivores only but are now available for everyone, such as ‘meat’ balls made with TVP instead of meat or sliders made with beans and veggies. So if you are wondering what to make for vegetarian guests or simply planning a non-meat appetizer, take a look through our comprehensive collection of vegetarian appetizers and see which one you fancy preparing. You will be spoilt for choice because there are so many wonderful recipes.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37778 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29235 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21327 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15693 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13794 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)