Gluten Free Appetizers
Appetizers without Gluten
Not being able to eat gluten does not mean you have to miss out on delicious appetizers and there are some delicious recipes to choose from which contain no gluten at all. Some are deliberately designed with a gluten-free diet in mind while others are naturally gluten-free. When cooking for someone who does not eat gluten remember there are lots of ingredients which contain gluten you might not know about. Bread and pasta contain gluten of course, but so would a soup recipe made with a bouillon cube, and eating gluten can make a gluten-intolerant person sick so it is worth browsing our recipes and choosing one to make from the selection there.
Plenty of Options without Gluten
Choose from a wide range of ingredients including fruit and vegetables as well as cheese and eggs. Use nuts or tasty seasonings to bring out the flavor in your gluten-free appetizers. If you are serving these as part of a buffet it is a good idea to mark out the gluten-free dishes in some way, such as putting them all on one side of the table or using a special color plate to signify the gluten-intolerant can eat them. Also, do not cook gluten-free food in the same pan or on the same grill as the gluten food. That might sound obvious but it is something a lot of home cooks do not consider.
You can get gluten-free baking mixes if you want to make a special kind of pastry or crust, and of course everyone can enjoy that whether or not they eat gluten. You can also invest in a gluten-free cookbook although if you want free gluten-less recipes it makes just as much sense to look online, and we have a variety of recipes you might be interested in.
People Unable to Eat Gluten
Over 3 million people in the United States are gluten-intolerant which is a huge number, so it is worth investigating gluten-free appetizers and other gluten-free meals in case you have dinner guests with this particular food intolerance. Eggs, meat, fish, additive-free dairy products, rice, corn and cornstarch can all be eaten but do watch the additives. Imitation crab, for example, contains flour, making it a source of gluten.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37778 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29235 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21327 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16226 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13791 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)