Authentic English Appetizers
English appetizers are always delicious and there are some famous ones you can try, as well as more obscure options. If you are in the mood for something sweet, then mince pies and brandy snaps are always popular. Scones also make a nice appetizer, or starter recipe as they say in England, and you can get plain, cheese, fruit or other versions of these little buttered snacks. Prawn cocktail is also typically English.
Take Inspiration from England
Perhaps you want to add an English touch to your appetizers rather than making English ones and you can do this by incorporating some English styling into your dishes. An example of this would be serving your potato skin with salt and malt vinegar instead of with your usual dipping sauce.
If you are making a selection of appetizers you might like to make some English ones and some from other countries or even kept the rest local. This ensures your guests will have plenty of choice and can either eat the English appetizers or enjoy the ones they are more familiar with.
Traditional Appetizers in England
Appetizers are not served the same way in England as in the United States, and you are likely to get either a bowl of soup or some kind of canapés before the main dish, while events like Superbowl are of course unknown so enjoying a bowl of chili in front of the game is not something you are likely to find there. If you do want to stick to traditions then you cannot go wrong with prawn cocktail, homemade crab pate or even homemade pumpkin scones.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37770 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29231 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24673 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21792 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21317 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16208 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15687 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15156 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13784 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13352 Views)