Try Some Exotic Appetizers
It can be a lot of fun to try international appetizers, especially if you tend to rely on the same ones each time you prepare them. although American appetizers are also wonderful, making something different can work out very nicely. Maybe you want to offer something a bit different before your main dish, or if you are making for example a Chinese main dish you might also like to offer Chinese appetizers. There are no hard and fast rules so you can feel free to mix and match your cuisines. Sometimes it is nice to contrast cuisines and flavors when planning a meal.
Choosing an International Cuisine
Are you a fan on Mexican or Indian food? Perhaps you enjoy these cuisines but are not familiar with many appetizers from these cuisines, or it could be you want to try something totally different like Cajun or English appetizers. There are international appetizers for every taste and you do not have to have something spicy if you prefer mild dishes or something using hard-to-find ingredients, because the focus here is on simple international appetizers which every home cook can prepare with ease.
Some cuisines are perhaps better suited to specific seasons or occasions, so you might wish to pick out some hot and spicy Mexican appetizers to warm you up in the winter or a refreshing Greek salad for the summer. Fried Indian snacks make good finger food while a lot of French appetizers are nice for sit-down meals because they blend exquisite flavor with elegance. Of course every cuisine offers a range of different types of food so you might be surprised when you see and compare a few recipes from one cuisine.
Something for Every Palate
If you are not used to appetizers like these, then it can be fun to experiment with them, choosing something you have had before in a restaurant or selecting a dish you have always wanted to make. You can prepare some make-ahead dishes if that is easier or choose something you can make just before serving. So if you are in the mood for international appetizers, take a look at our comprehensive selection and see what whets your appetite from this category.
Leave a Reply
- Roasted Red Potatoes with Salmon Roe and Sour Cream January 21, 2016
- Anchovy and Dill Canapes January 19, 2016
- Spanish Seafood Stuffed Egg Appetizers January 14, 2016
- Lamb Chops with Cucumber Slaw January 11, 2016
- Seared Scallops over Rice Timbales January 8, 2016
- Pork Potstickers with Soy-Chili Dipping Sauce January 5, 2016
- Feta Cheese and Tomato Deviled Eggs January 2, 2016
- Healthy Ratatouille Stuffed Peppers December 29, 2015
- Palate-Cleansing Citrus Sorbet Appetizers December 26, 2015
- Easy Shrimp and Cottage Cheese Canapes December 23, 2015
- Home (36572 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (27661 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (23742 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21131 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (20098 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (15334 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (14932 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (14448 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (12385 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (11896 Views)