Using Fruit in Appetizer Recipes
Fruit is often used to garnish appetizers or to add a sweet flavor which contrasts well with the savory flavors in the dish. Perhaps you are making canapés, in which case a couple of redcurrants or a slice of strawberry may be used on top, to provide a garnish and offer a hint of sweetness or tartness. There are lots of types of fruit you can choose from when making appetizers, and it can be fresh, thawed or canned.
Winning Appetizers with Fruit
If you are in the mood for a hot appetizer recipe you might like to try bacon-wrapped banana. Bacon goes wonderfully with banana because you can combine the salty flavor with the sweet one. Dates also work when wrapped with bacon, or you might like to try apple or another fruit.
Something else you can try is fruit fritters. Coat small pieces of apple, banana or pineapple in batter and then deep-fry until crispy and golden brown. These may be served as an appetizer or even with ice cream as a dessert. Adults and kids love fruit fritters.
Light and Healthy Options
Fruit does not have to be deep-fried. In fact, it makes a great addition to lighter dishes. You might like to put together a fruit salad for your appetizer and that can be fruit with vegetables or it can be just fruit and perhaps some yogurt, juice or other sweet ingredients depending on the finished flavor you are seeking. Top Melba toast or crackers with cream cheese and thinly sliced apple for a tasty snack, perhaps adding a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg as well.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37770 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29231 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24673 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21792 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21317 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16208 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15687 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15156 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13784 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13352 Views)