Choose from These Tasty Artichoke Appetizers
Artichoke sometimes gets unfair bad press because people simply do not realize how easy it is to prepare. Of course, canned artichoke has already been prepared for you, but take some time to find out how to cook fresh artichokes and your eyes will be opened to all the new and exciting artichoke appetizer recipes you will be able to make with it. If you are new to using artichokes, prepare to fall in love with the flavor and possibilities.
Artichoke is Great for Dips
One of the most popular uses for artichoke is to make a dip, and you can combine it with cream and ham, or choose ingredients such as spinach and cheese which also complement the artichoke flavor. These dips can be served hot, warm or chilled, and they range from mild to spicy.
An artichoke dip may be made with fresh or canned artichoke, and a lot of people like to make such a dip in the crockpot because this cooking method really intensifies all the flavors and blends everything together especially nicely.
Other Artichoke Possibilities
This versatile vegetable has plenty of other uses too, and you can add it to soups, canapés, mini quiches and more. Try adding artichoke, ham and mozzarella to puff pastry squares before baking, or stir some chopped artichoke into your next risotto or vegetable salad recipe. You can cook whole artichokes and serve them with a creamy dipping sauce. In fact that is one of the most popular ways to serve this vegetable.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37778 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29235 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21327 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15693 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13794 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)