Cinco de Mayo
Appetizers for Cinco de Mayo
When considering which appetizers you are going to make for Cinco de Mayo it helps if you adopt a Mexican frame of mind. In Mexico, home cooks get busy preparing their ingredients and organizing their recipes. They also like to get the whole family involved in putting together the chosen appetizers. Although there are no set foods for this occasion, there are certainly a few classic dishes which usually make an appearance.
Some Ideas for This Occasion
Typical Cinco de Mayo treats include dishes like beef nachos, taquitos and tortilla chips with Mexican dipping sauces. You might like to try making a mole sauce or how about a layered dip with ingredients like cheese, sour cream, salsa, avocado and spicy beef?
A lot of people like to introduce a Tex-Mex feel to the occasion, making Tex-Mex favorites alongside the standard Mexican fare, and since this holiday is all about enjoying whichever food you like best, there are no hard and fast rules about what you can or cannot make.
Variety is the Spice of Life
Since Cinco de Mayo is often celebrated by the whole family, or a large group, it is a good idea to ensure you have plenty of variety, so that means crunchy foods as well as soft ones, hot foods as well as cold ones, and some non-spicy options for those guests who aren’t so keen on their food having a kick. Plan this occasion well in advance because some Mexican dishes take a while to put together.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37778 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29235 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21327 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15693 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13794 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)