Appetizers for an Occasion
Special Appetizers for Special Occasions
Appetizers often feature at special occasion, whether you are hosting a sit-down dinner or just wishing to make some finger food for a hungry crowd. Special occasions almost always feature some kind of snack, or even a full buffet, and it is nice to have something to offer to your guests to go with their drink. Special appetizers do not have to be super-fancy and sometimes the easy ones are perfect, depending on the occasion itself. You should also consider the weather, the people who are coming, whether you are serving a main dish, the ingredients you want to use and your budget, so you can choose the best special occasion appetizers.
Types of Occasions for Appetizers
A special occasion does not have to be formal, so you might not be cooking for a wedding or anniversary. Perhaps you are having some kind of get-together or a reunion, or maybe it is Thanksgiving or your child’s birthday. Each of these occasions calls for very different appetizers, so it is handy to have a selection all in one place and pick out whichever you want to prepare.
Popular and Well-Loved Options
If you are having a barbecue, you will want to look at barbecue appetizers which people can snack on while they wait for their chicken and steaks to come off the grill. If the occasion is a casual get-together then you might like to make finger food so everyone can sit and chat while nibbling on warm or cold appetizers. You can of course also offer chips and nuts as well as your homemade fare, so people have plenty of choice because everyone likes different things.
That does not necessarily mean you have to prepare a wide range of appetizers, just 2 or 3 different ones would be fine for a small group, and if you also have nuts and chips then everyone will have something they can eat. Whatever the occasion there is plenty to choose from, whether you want to go with hot or chilled appetizers, crunchy ones, dips, fancy little snacks and canapés, traditional American or international appetizers, or whatever you have in mind.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37778 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29235 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21327 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15693 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13794 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)