This delicious meaty recipe is simple to prepare and everyone will love how the spiced lamb chops contrast with the tangy cucumber slaw. Swap the sugar in the recipe for Splenda or similar, and this becomes a great low-carb appetizer. You will need 8 lamb chops to make this along with some spices, cucumber, red onion and seasonings. If you have a spiralizer you can spiralizer your cucumber, else you need to grate or shred it.
The lamb chops can be marinated in the spice mixture if you like, but that is optional. You can apply the spices just before cooking if you prefer. Feel free to increase the amount of spices if you prefer a spicier flavor or reduce the amount of spices to keep the taste milder. You can even change the suggested spices for others, since pretty much anything goes here, so if you want to get creative and give your lamb chops a Moroccan or Cajun flair, go for it, because any spice combination is sure to work nicely with the cucumber and red onion slaw on the side which is cooling and sweet.
Pan-frying is easy but if you prefer to cook these on the grill that is also fine. The cooking time will be similar, but cut gently into one of the chops to check. Most people prefer their lamb golden brown on the outside but pinkish on the inside. Cooking them further, until the meat is brown inside, means the lamb will be less moist. Remember to let the lamb chops sit for a few minutes between cooking and serving, because then you can expect a juicier result. Lamb chops are often served as part of an entrée, in which case people will have more than just a couple of them, but there is no reason you cannot serve a couple of lamb chops with some homemade slaw as a wonderful, delicious appetizer. Continue reading
I think we got it all back the way it should be. We finished up yesterday with the feature picture previews, the menus are back to just a single link and all seems as was. If you come across something that seems like it is missing or just not quite right please leave a comment and I’ll have the team straighten it out ASAP.
Thanks for your understanding,
Christine and the RPN Team
I would like to take a minute to apologize for the current state of the site. We had to do a full reinstall and it seems it had a few gremlins, such as triplicating our menu items and deleting all the feature pictures for the recipes. We are working through these issues as fast as we can, and hope to have everything in proper order by the weekend.
We have been trying to get the site compliant for Pinterest Rich pins so that all our pins will feature ingredients and other useful information right on Pinterest, along with the pins. We had to do this because we had a bug in the validation of the site, even though we use the Easy Recipe Plus plugin which is already producing micro data.
We had to go through every plugin and widget, and have finally found the culprit so this is the only site we have to go through this pain with. The fix is about 2 minutes (and about 20 hours of searching and talking to our host and the people at ERP who were all very supportive and helpful!)
Once again, we apologize if things seem a bit off, but the good news is all our WordPress sites should be supporting Rich Pins soon.
Christine and the RPN Team
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29235 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21324 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16225 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13791 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)