Seems in America we’ll deep fry just about anything, I mean we do it to almost every imaginable thing from broccoli and cauliflower to Oreos. It seems no food is sacred when it comes to being tossed into the fry and offered up like a sacrifice to the fry god’s, like some sort of ancient volcano. I mean we fry snickers and even turkeys and almost no food is safe from someone trying to deep fry it at one point in time or another.
Well I am going to be just as guilty as every other recipe guru out there and I make my sacrifice in the form of that perennial kid’s favorite mac and cheese and not just that stuff in the box but good homemade mac and cheese. Even if you have no interest in throwing it into a fryer you may want to check out the first part of the recipe where I give you a recipe for homemade mac and cheese that will make you forget the boxed stuff for ever and it really is no harder to make so making the boxed (yuck) stuff I mean will hopefully become a thing of the past.
I mean really powdered cheese what cow does that come from? Exactly! So when you find out how easy real mac and cheese is to make you can at least forget that and stop before violating some fryer ritual. But if you have kids and if you are brave enough go ahead and try these just once they really are so good even if you will not want to admit to liking them in fear of offending some food critics. See there is a reason we deep fry anything and everything it is so darn good tasting just don’t do it right before a doctor’s appointment, he’ll end up putting you on some sort of pills. lol. Continue reading
This is an interesting appetizer, and is particularly good served when you want to cleanse the palate. You could even serve it between the main appetizer and the entrée, to get rid of lingering flavors from the appetizer so people are ready for the entrée. If you have served a strong-tasting seafood dish first, for example, serve some sorbet before bringing out your next course so the fish flavor is removed from the mouth.
Although sorbet can also be served as a dessert, it is light enough to serve as an appetizer and homemade sorbet is not only easy to make, but it tastes wonderful too. This is a make-ahead appetizer which you can prepare in the morning and leave in the freezer. Take it out about 15 minutes before serving, else it will be very difficult to scoop out of the fruit. We are using oranges and lemons here to make the sorbet, filling the oranges with orange sorbet and the lemons with lime sorbet, so you get all those wonderful citrus flavors.
Either serve some people lemon and some orange, or give people one of each. You can also fill orange and lemon halves if you want to give people a taste of each without completely filling them up before the entrée comes out! This is a popular dessert in restaurants but those are usually made in factories, lacking the charm of homemade ones. We are using sweetened condensed milk, citrus juice (fresh is best of course) and the fruits to prepare this sorbet. That is all you need to make them. Serve garnished with some fresh lemon leaves or bay leaves if you like or a sprig of another kind of herb for a pretty presentation. If you usually buy sorbet, try making your own. This recipe is really simple. Try using limes instead of lemons if you want. Continue reading
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37784 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29244 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24700 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21801 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21335 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15700 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15162 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13797 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13364 Views)