Top Tips for the Best Appetizers
One of the most important things about making appetizers is the presentation. Appetizers are supposed to look appetizing (hence the name!) Even if you are going to serve a simple appetizer, like stalks of celery with a homemade dip, you can serve it in style. Chop all the stalks of celery the same length and arrange them in a circle around the bowl of dip.
Garnish the dip with some fresh leaves of mint or basil and you have a stunning-looking dip, which took perhaps five minutes to make. A lot of dips only have three or four ingredients and you just need to stir the ingredients together. If you make easy party appetizers, that gives you a few extra precious minutes to work on the presentation.
Hot Appetizers – Timing is Everything
If you are serving hot appetizer recipes, it is important to get the timing right. A cold appetizer recipe will be fine in the refrigerator until you want to serve it but if your appetizer needs to cook for ten minutes then be served hot, don’t make it before it is needed. If you are expecting twenty guests and four arrive early, get the chips, dips, and olives out but wait until a few more guests are starting to show up before cooking the hot appetizers.
Another common sense tip for hot appetizer recipes is that they are not supposed to be hot. Hot appetizers are supposed to be warm, not steaming hot. If you serve piping hot finger food straight from the oven, you can imagine what will happen when a guest pops the whole thing in his mouth! Give your hot appetizers ten or fifteen minutes to cool down a bit before serving them.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37778 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29235 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21327 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16226 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13791 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)