How to Make Memorable Appetizers
There is a lot to be said for sticking to classic appetizer recipes. Everyone loves chips, olives, cheese, chicken wings and cold cuts after all, don’t they? Even though this might seem like the safe route to take when planning easy party appetizers, it is fun to create memorable appetizers too.
Obviously, you want your appetizers to be memorable for all the right reasons, not because one of your guests suffered third degree burns when biting into a piping hot appetizer or stained his shirt with a messy red dip because you forgot to provide napkins!
Ingredients and Presentation
An appetizer might be memorable because of the way it is presented, the fine ingredients you have used to make it or because you are serving an interesting mixture of classic appetizers and exciting exotic ones.
If you get the ingredients right and the presentation right, your appetizers are going to be a resounding success. Choose easy party appetizers and plan what you are going to make in plenty of time. This means you have time to assemble your ingredients and create the appetizers.
Quality and Quantity
Running out of appetizers is never a good idea so make sure you have plenty. A lot of appetizers can also be enjoyed the following day if you have leftovers. Maybe you just want to make two or three kinds of appetizers and this is fine, so long as you follow the recipes carefully and present them in an attractive way.
If you are not sure how many people you will be catering for, you can have nuts, bread, cheese, and olives on standby and get these out if you do not think you have enough appetizers. Hungry people will snack on any tasty-looking food you leave around them.
Adding A Personal Touch
If you are taking the trouble to make homemade appetizers, you will want people to realize they are homemade, which might mean adding a special garnish or ensuring the shapes are slightly irregular so people know you have made them. Homemade appetizers are always more charming than store-bought ones, because they are fresher, tastier and they have been made with love and care.
Perhaps you are thinking about making pies, in which case you might like to add a pastry shape on top of each one, maybe in the shape of a leaf of even the initial of someone’s name if you want to personalize the snacks further. You can also make little labels if you are preparing dishes for a buffet, with the name of the dish on each one, or plan a color scheme for any garnishes, plates or the table decorations.
If you just want to make something simple though, there is no need to get fancy. Perhaps you are making a chili or some sliders during Superbowl season, in which case something as simple as some of your favorite cheese grated over the top of your chili or adding some spice to your slider patties can make them personalized and give them a special touch.
Making appetizers should be an enjoyable experience, so pick out the appetizers you think you will have fun making, and that way you can be sure of choosing something which is going to work. Coming up with a good range of appetizers and matching them to the guests so everyone gets something they like ensures that whatever you do end up making is going to be memorable for all the right reasons.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37802 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29294 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24733 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21820 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21390 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16261 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15725 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15183 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13838 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13404 Views)