A Few Appetizers Facts
Did you know that the Persians were the first race to start the tradition of serving appetizers, more than two thousand years ago? Ancient Persian appetizers bear little resemblance to the easy party appetizers seen at modern get-togethers but it is an interesting fact nonetheless, and you can impress your guests with this piece of information as you serve your fancy appetizer recipes.
Have you eaten tapas? Tapas simple means appetizers in Spanish and there is an interesting story to this word. The word “tapa” is thought to have been invented when King Alfonso X had to nibble food with wine between meals, due to sickness. When he was better, he made a law that wine was only to be served in an inn if food was served with it, to avoid drunkenness.
A heavy fat-rich meal was hard to digest and meant the Spanish workers had to take a siesta before getting back to work. Enjoying a few tapas and a glass of wine meant they could get straight back to work after their lunch.
The Spanish siesta might still be practiced but in the rest of the world appetizer traditions have changed. Exotic appetizers are popular in the United States and Europe. Chinese shrimp appetizers, Thai chicken appetizers and colorful Mexican appetizers are just as likely to make an appearance at a buffet as more traditional appetizers like chicken wings, cheese, and vegetable crudités. There are thousands of easy party appetizers, including both hot appetizer recipes and chilled appetizers that are suitable for all kinds of parties and get-togethers.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)