Zucchini and Cheese Appetizer Recipe
Make a delicious Zucchini and Cheese Appetizer Recipe this fall with all your favorite squashes and cheeses. Friends and family will enjoy this unique spin on the appetizer table. This makes a great holiday appetizer recipe because you can easily dress up the table with this festive green dish. Make a homemade Zucchini and Cheese Appetizer Recipe for your next party or social gathering.
Zucchini and Cheese Appetizer Recipe
This easy Zucchini and Cheese appetizer recipe is a perfect healthy appetizer for your guests. It is so good too that guests will really enjoy this easy to make appetizer.
This Zucchini and Cheese appetizer recipe is a great way to use fall harvested squash. This is best served warm and sliced into small squares for easy handling.
The squash and melted cheese are simply glorious with the garlic and onion baked in. It’s really quick to make as well so make two and have a spare to enjoy later.
This easy appetizer is full of healthy fiber and vitamin enriched. Guests will enjoy a healthy appetizer during parties or any gathering. It’s a perfect vegetarian choice for any guests that prefer meatless appetizers.
It is perfect for any guests that are on a high fiber, low sugar diet as well. Not only is it easy to make and tasty but healthy too.
You’ll surely be adding this to your recipe index of favorite appetizers for your next party.
Do You Like Zucchini and Cheese Appetizers?
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 cup all-purpose baking mix
- 3 cups sliced zucchini
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 beaten eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix the zucchini, baking mix, onion, salt, eggs, Cheddar, vegetable oil and garlic.
- Spread this mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned.
- Cut into bite-sized pieces to serve.
Photo Credit: Cheesy Spinach Casserole by Corey Ann, on Flickr
Cheese and zucchini are often cooked together because they go together very nicely, so you might have enjoyed this pairing before in a casserole, stew, or even as a pizza topping. This recipe uses cheese and zucchini as the main ingredients, and also features garlic for a nice flavor accent, as well as eggs and baking mix. The appetizers are made in a baking tray and then oven-cooked until done. Then you can cut the cooked result into squares and serve them hot. This is something which will appeal to everyone at your party, adults and kids alike, and you can tweak it and try any kind of cheese you want to use, if you want a change from cheddar, such as a Mexican cheese blend, or even mozzarella.
One Response to Zucchini and Cheese Appetizer Recipe
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)