Balsamic Asparagus and Parmesan Appetizer
Make your own asparagus appetizer recipes for any occasion, such as the tasty recipe we present here which offers the flavors of parmesan and balsamic vinegar as well as the crunchy asparagus itself. Simple marinades and spices can make for the best asparagus appetizer recipes and there are certainly a lot to experiment with, but this recipe is one of the best ones, and suitable for all kinds of occasions, or simply to make a quick snack.
Grilling asparagus indoors or outdoors is recommended, especially if you can char-grill it, to give it that lovely smoky taste. Asparagus is a light and healthy ingredient which can make tasty appetizers which are not too filling to spoil your appetite for the main dish. There are lots of ways to use asparagus. You can have such recipes in less than 10 minutes when you grill asparagus tips, or you might like to steam, pan-fry, roast, or even microwave the asparagus, depending on the recipe.
It can be turned into soup, used in salad, or even combined with ingredients like ham and cheese to make a pastry filling for example. Asparagus is healthy and great for vegetarians. Asparagus appetizer recipes make great Christmas party snacks because they are green and add a festive color to the table. Try making something with asparagus and taste a healthy difference in the way you eat dinner. Dinner parties and holiday gatherings are the perfect place to serve these dishes, so next time you are in the mood for asparagus, try making a simple marinade. Grilling asparagus tips with a nice dipping sauce are always good, or try the following recipe which pairs oven-roasted asparagus with parmesan cheese as well as balsamic vinegar which adds a sweet flavor to the finished dish. Served warm, this appetizer is sure to whet everyone’s appetite.
- 1 lb asparagus spears
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 oz shaved parmesan cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Small bag mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Arrange the asparagus in one layer on a baking sheet and drizzle it with the olive oil.
- Season with black pepper and sprinkle the parmesan over the top.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Arrange the asparagus on a bed of salad leaves.
- You can also add tomatoes, bacon or any other ingredients if liked.
- Serve warm, with balsamic vinegar to taste.
Asparagus is perfect for making appetizers, especially when roasted in the oven and served warm. This recipe includes balsamic vinegar and parmesan cheese, and you can either serve the asparagus as it is or on a bed of salad leaves. We have also added bacon and tomatoes for a colorful, appealing presentation. Omit the bacon and this becomes a perfect appetizer for vegetarians. Regardless of what the main dish is going to be, this delicious asparagus appetizer is always ideal. It is simple to prepare, offers a great flavor in every bite, and is also a healthy option.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37779 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29237 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24693 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21798 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21329 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15693 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13794 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13361 Views)