Honey Black Pepper Chicken Wings Recipe
Are you looking for a quick and easy dinner recipe that is sure to please everyone in the family? Try my delicious Honey Black Pepper Chicken Wings Recipe today and they will knock your socks off!
Honey Black Pepper Chicken Wings
Honey is the nectar of nature. It is low in fat, sodium, and cholesterol. When incorporated in recipes it lends a sweetness unlike any other, especially in this honey black pepper chicken wings recipe. Chicken wings are good for snacks, lunches or even your evening meal, everyone likes chicken wings.
I firmly believe you can never have too many chicken wings recipes on hand. Although everyone loves chicken wings not everyone likes the same flavor. Therefore variety is key to pleasing everyone. For parties or family gatherings you could make a small batch of ten wings of four or five flavors or even more flavors if you choose.
To make this honey black pepper chicken wings recipe you need; chopped red onions, chopped ginger root, chopped garlic cloves, honey, sesame seeds, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, white wine, sesame oil, lemon juice, salt, crushed black peppercorns, chicken wings, oil for frying and water. This is such an unusual recipe I hesitated trying it because of the oyster sauce but I finally did and I must say it was especially delicious I was amazed!
I made a large batch of this recipe for our church social a couple Saturdays ago and everyone loved it, I have since had to make numerous recipe cards to give out to all the women at our church! So, when you’re ready just follow the directions below and you will see how wonderful this honey black pepper chicken wings recipe is.
Do You Like Honey Chicken Wings?
- 2 finely chopped red onions
- 2 minced inches fresh ginger root
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 6 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 8 chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1½ tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups oil for deep frying
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 5 crushed black peppercorns
- Combine the onions with half the garlic and 1 slice of ginger in a blender, adding as much water as needed to dilute.
- Rub this mixture into the chicken pieces.
- Combine the sesame seeds, sesame oil, soy sauce, wine, oyster sauce, lemon juice, honey and salt and mix well.
- Stir in the remaining ginger and garlic and add some salt and pepper.
- Add this mixture to chicken and turn to coat.
- Cover the dish and refrigerate to marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a deep skillet or deep fryer, then fry the chicken in the hot oil for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until cooked through and juices run clear.
Photo Credit: WingsOverSomerville by snowpea&bokchoi, on Flickr
Chicken wings are always appetizing when they are golden brown and crispy, and the aroma is always good. These are different to a basic chicken wings recipe because they feature an array of Asian seasonings to give them an Eastern flair and make them extra special. These are great finger food at a cocktail party, or you could make a batch to enjoy while watching sport on TV. Chicken wings are good at any time, and making these is a breeze as well. They are oven-baked to keep the fat content down.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37779 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29236 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21328 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15693 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13794 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)