Healthy Superbowl Appetizer
A Tasty and Healthy Superbowl Appetizer
Having some friends over to watch the big Superbowl game? When planning a Superbowl party you can have some good appetizers that are healthy and will disappear in a hurry. The Superbowl is a big food night and you can amaze your friends with a healthy dish that will definitely provide the wow factor you want it to offer. Try the featured healthy Superbowl appetizer below and surprise your Family and friends.
This simple yet delicious recipe features chicken wings, which are used in many appetizer recipes. Here we are going for a really full-flavored result, which means marinating the wings in a mixture of lime juice, garlic, salt, chilies, and sugar for an hour, to really infuse them with a flavor that is reminiscent of Mexican cuisine. A couple of hours is the suggested time for marinating but leave them in there overnight if you want a stronger taste.
The chicken wings are then baked in the oven for a reduced fat result, or you could even deep-fry them if you prefer convenience and crunch over the reduced fat effect. It is totally up to you, since this is your recipe. As you would expect, the finished wings are very spicy, which means a contrasting dip, such as ranch dressing or a blue cheese dip, would work beautifully. If you love wings, you will love this spicy take on buffalo wings and find them very flavorful indeed.
Do You Have a Favorite Healthy Superbowl Appetizer Recipe?
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 20 chicken wings
- 1 can diced chipotle peppers
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Ranch dressing or BBQ sauce for dipping
- Combine the lime juice, chipotles, garlic, salt and sugar in a glass bowl to make the marinade.
- Marinate the chicken wings for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and bake the chicken wings on a baking sheet for 30 minutes or until done.
- Serve hot, with the ranch dressing or BBQ sauce for dipping.
Photo Credit: Hot Wings by MoneyBlogNewz, on Flickr
Nobody says ‘no thanks’ when you offer chicken wings as an appetizer, especially if they are crispy and flavorful, and there is no denying this is one of the best ways to do wings. The marinade infuses them with a wonderful spicy flavor reminiscent of Mexican cuisine, and then they are baked in the oven until crisp and cooked through. You could deep-fry them if you prefer. These are quite spicy so serve them with a creamy dip like ranch dressing for example, and add some cubes of blue cheese if you want to add a buffalo chicken touch, as well as some celery perhaps. This is spicy, hearty and unforgettably good.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37780 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29241 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24694 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21799 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21331 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15696 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15160 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13796 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13362 Views)