Easy Chicken Liver Pate
This is a wonderful way to make pate in the crockpot. If it seems to be going too dry, you can add a bit more chicken broth during the cooking time. You can substitute half a cup of white wine for a cup of the chicken broth if you like, for a different flavor. A lot of people buy pate without giving a thought to making their own, and not realizing that learning how to make chicken liver pate is so simple. The following recipe for an easy chicken liver pate shows you that anybody can make this dish and you will love the flavor of this homemade chicken liver pate recipe. It tastes, as you would expect, much fresher than store-bought pate and this recipe is certainly going to impress your friends.
Maybe you have only made crockpot soups, crockpot appetizer recipes, and healthy crockpot recipes in your slow cooker to date but have a go at this easy chicken liver pate recipe and you will not be disappointed. Whether or not you were aware that you can make pate in a slow cooker, this recipe will really surprise you. It is simple to make but the results are amazing.
The ingredients in this chicken liver pate recipe combine nicely in the slow cooker and the mushrooms give a wonderfully earthy flavor. The bacon adds a meaty taste and the mushroom soup makes the chicken liver pate rich and creamy. If you were looking for an easy chicken liver pate recipe, we heartily recommend this one.
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 lb chicken livers, chopped
- ½ cup flour
- 4 oz can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 11 oz can golden mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 radishes, cut into wedges, for garnish
- Fresh parsley sprigs, for garnish
- Fry the bacon in a skillet over a medium heat.
- Remove it when it is crisp and drain well.
- Combine the flour, salt and pepper and use this mixture to coat the chicken liver.
- Cook the liver and onions in the bacon grease for 5 minutes or until browned, and then add half the chicken broth.
- Stir until just combined.
- Cook for a couple of minutes until just boiling and pour this mixture into the slow cooker.
- Crumble the bacon into the crockpot and slowly stir in the soup, the mushrooms, and the rest of the chicken broth.
- Cover and cook for 3 hours on low.
- Spoon the pate on to a serving plate and garnish it with the parsley and radishes.
- Serve with crackers.
As you can see from the picture, this is a smooth and creamy chicken liver pate recipe and it looks nice with its colorful parsley and radish garnish. Of course, the garnish is optional and you might want to use black olives or something else, for a different garnish. Serve this chicken liver pate with crackers or melba toast and let people serve themselves. The bacon in this chicken liver pate recipe gives it a really meaty flavor and the mushrooms add an earthy taste, as does the mushroom soup. This is an unusual crockpot recipe but one that works well to bring you excellent results.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)