Appetizers That Don’t Have to Be Refrigerated or Heated
Easy Appetizers That Don’t Have To Be Refrigerated Or Heated
Big parties that have many elements to them need appetizers that don’t have to be refrigerated or heated because it gives the host one less thing to think about. When you have appetizers that don’t have to be refrigerated or heated you don’t have to stress over the constant maintenance of the buffet or food table. Weddings, baby showers, anniversary parties are all large parties that could become a little less stress if you were serving appetizers that don’t have to be refrigerated or heated.
Appetizers that have to be kept warm in serving dishes can become costly and need constant maintenance and attention. You have to be careful to keep them out reach of children and other objects. Serving appetizers that don’t need to be heated makes it easier to maintain a buffet table or food service area at large parties and social functions. Appetizers that don’t need to be kept warm or cold make easy party appetizers that no one will stress over.
Appetizers that need to be kept cold require constant upkeep because you have to be careful of food safety issues. No one wants to be concerned with salmonella and botulism at their party, so serving appetizers that don’t have to be refrigerated or heated is always best. There are so many food safety concerns at parties and you don’t want the last memory of your party to be the one where people go food poisoning.
Salads, fresh whole grain breads make great appetizers that you don’t have to keep warm or cold. Fresh fruits, and vegetable trays are easy appetizer recipes to keep up at parties because they don’t have to be refrigerated. Watch those dressings that you serve, if you serve a salad dressing like balsamic vinegar or Italian you don’t have to worry about keeping them cold. They can sit for hours without any food safety issues arriving. Seasoned nuts and cured meats (like chorizo or salami) do not have to be kept chilled either.
Do You Like Spicy Mixed Nuts?
- 1 envelope dry golden onion recipe soup mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 oz unsalted dry roasted mixed nuts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup white sugar
- Blend the dry soup mix with the sugar and cumin.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and stir in the dry soup mixture.
- Add the nuts and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until nuts are coated with the mixture and have browned lightly.
- Spread them out on a baking sheet to cool then serving.
- These can be stored in an airtight container for up to a couple of weeks.
Photo Credit: STOP & SHOP Deluxe Mixed Nuts by s58y, on Flickr
If you are looking for a simple appetizer, it is easy to open a bag of nuts and pour them into a serving dish, but this recipe takes that concept to the next level. The nuts are combined with onion soup mix, cumin, butter and sugar, to add a well-rounded flavor, and they are roasted to bring out the flavor beautifully. Because these keep in an airtight container for weeks, consider making a batch of these. The photo shows how beautiful this appetizer looks, and nobody will be able to stop nibbling these wonderful little morsels.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)