Ants on a Log Recipe
Are you looking for a cheap and easy snack recipe that you can make for your kids during the hot summer? Look no further! Try my delicious yet simple kid-friendly recipe that everyone is sure to love! Watch my easy to follow recipe video that i have posted below for a step-by-step tutorial on how to make this delicious snack for your family today!
Ants on a Log
Many people want recipes that are healthy and nutritious for their families thus they want foods high in vitamins and essential nutrients. So in answer to parent’s needs and desires we answer the call with this neat snack called Ants on a Log.
Ants on a Log are merely stalks of celery with spread able cheese and or peanut butter dotted with ‘ants’ (raisins). Kids and adults alike will like these neat nutritious snacks.
To make Ants on a Log simply take your washed and peeled celery sticks and spread your choice of peanut butter or cheese, or both then sprinkle raisins on top.
Simple and full of protein and Vitamin C. Also, celery offers a good source of fiber, folic acid, potassium, as well as vitamins B1, B2, B6 and calcium. The cheese and peanut butter are packed with protein and raisins are naturally low in saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium.
Ants on a Log provide an excellent source of many vitamins and minerals and what’s more kids love them!
Have You Ever Made Ants on a Log for Your Kids?
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 5 celery stalks
- Cut the celery stalks in half.
- Spread them with peanut butter and sprinkle with the raisins.
Photo Credit: raisins and peanut butter and or cheese in celery sticks by bradleygee, on Flickr
Ants on a log is a very clever name, since that is exactly what the dish looks like, as you can see from the photo. Not only is the name sure to appeal to kids who love anything that sounds fun, but the ingredients themselves are sure to appeal. Kids love peanut butter and raisins, and they will also enjoy biting into the celery. This makes a healthy snack for your kids when they get home from school, certainly healthier than candy or chocolate, and it is also a colorful addition to any buffet table.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29233 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21324 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16225 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13789 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)