Surprisingly Easy Shrimp Wonton Recipe
Potlucks are an enjoyable and many times inexpensive ways to enjoy the company of others over a meal. Potlucks offer a variety of different entrees, vegetables, and deserts. At a potluck you will find many different casseroles, soups and stews as well as legumes. With today’s high prices it is often necessary to forgo more expensive dishes in lieu of a less expensive dish such as a pot of stew made with hamburger instead of chunks of stew meat.
Casseroles with lots of cheese and stews are great ways to sneak vegetables to a finicky child and they are a great way to stretch the dollar to. Another great potluck food idea is egg rolls. Many people, kids included love egg rolls. Egg rolls can disguise various meats and vegetables in a delightfully tasty roll. Additionally, with egg rolls you can use leftover chicken, pork or beef roast and even shell fish such as crab, lobster, or shrimp.
A shrimp Wontons recipe is another inexpensive dish to consider for a potluck. Like egg rolls they can be filled with a variety of meats and vegetables. Shrimp wonton recipe is really easy and quick to make to. In less than thirty minutes you could have a couple dozen wontons prepared and ready to go to the next social gathering! Wontons also would make a great appetizer for a dinner of seafood or to enjoy just as a snack. Next time you are wondering what to fix for the next gathering why not try making this wonderful shrimp wonton recipe.
- 2 pounds pop corn shrimp coarsely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons shallot chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 18 small wonton wrappers
- A half teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- teaspoon each; Chinese rice wine, light soy sauce, sugar, and sesame oil.
- Chop shrimp as small as you like. Put chopped shrimp in a bowl.
- Now chop shallot, garlic, and ginger as small as you can.
- Do not use a blender.
- When the vegetables are finely chopped add them to the bowl with the shrimp.
- Add marinade mixture to shrimp mixture and allow marinading for about twenty minutes.
- To make Wontons:
- Using one wonton wrapper at a time spoon a small amount of the shrimp mixture into the center of each wonton wrapper.
- **Cover remaining wonton wrappers with a wet paper towel to keep them moist.
- Fold corners if wrappers to meet each other and crimp edges together to seal.
- Fry in skillet in very hot; 325 degree oil until golden brown.
- Remove to platter lines with paper towels to drain. Enjoy!
A beautiful large white platter piled high with crisp golden brown shrimp wontons is a heavenly appetizer to behold. Tender pieces of succulent shrimp, green onions, garlic, and ginger combine a flavor sensation to delight any appetite. Chinese sweet & sour sauce or Chinese Duck sauce go great with these wonderful Shrimp Wontons! Serve them with deep fried broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, and mushrooms for an out of this world flavor combination. Your family will love these good for you appetizers. What a great way to get the kids to eat their vegetables!
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)