Shrimp Cocktail with Prawn
Shrimp and prawn are often confused, they look very similar but are in fact different. Prawn differs from shrimp in several ways but mainly in the way they spawn offspring, prawn release them directly into the water while shrimp brood them. That being said you should know that both prawn and shrimp are farmed and harvested extensively for human consumption and the terms are often used interchangeably.
Shrimp cocktail with prawn makes a beautiful and tasty snack, especially when served in classy glasses instead of serving plates. Picture succulent shrimp and prawn nestled on a bed of crisp fresh lettuce with parsley and lemon wedges for garnishment!
Whether you are creating a seafood snack to serve before the main course or throwing an open house where shrimp cocktail is the main delight, this is an easy and tasty recipe.
- 5 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tbsp. ketchup
- 1 ½ tbsp. horseradish (a little less if you do not like a lot of spice)
- 2 cups shredded crisp lettuce
- 1 lime
- Bunch of parsley for garnishment
- 2 cups shrimp (peeled and cooked)
- 4 large prawns
- Cook shrimp and prawn until lightly pink being careful not to overcook either of them. Entire cook time should be five minutes or less.
- Mix mayonnaise, ketchup, and horseradish in medium mixing bowl. Mix lightly and then add shrimp and prawn. Coat prawn and shrimp well with the homemade cocktail sauce and set aside.
- Take four good sized wine glasses and divide crisp shredded lettuce evenly between them. Top off the lettuce with shrimp cocktail and prawn mixture.
- Garnish this dish with a sprig of parsley and slice of lime on the side of the glass. Finish up with a large prawn at the edge of the glass to round out the decoration.
There are many different occasions when shrimp cocktail and prawns is a fitting seafood snack. Are you having a backyard luau? Even if you are barbequing, burgers and ribs on the grill a little seafood to get the party started is always welcome. When it comes to shrimp recipes this is probably one of the simplest you will find. Prep and cook time are under 15 minutes! Your friends and family will love this sweet and spicy dish.
You have gone the extra mile to prepare shrimp and prawn, now you simply have to serve it up. A plain old bowl or plate is simply not good enough to showcase all your hard work! Try placing a small amount of green shredded lettuce in the bottom of a wide but short clear glass. Imagine lines of these displayed on your table! They will immediately catch the attention of your guests!
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21324 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13788 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)