Outstanding Sweet Heat Bang Bang Shrimp Poppers
Sometimes you just want something different for that late Friday or Saturday night snack. I mean, popcorn, nachos and pizza are great snack foods but let’s face it, after a while they get old and your mouth craves something different. Something bold and exciting to tantalize the taste buds. There is an abundance of quick snacks you could serve on movie night at home. Yogurt covered pretzels, jalapeno poppers, Soft salted pretzels and many others.
Shrimp would also make an excellent snack food. It is quick to prepare, nutritious and will definitely solve the dilemma of wanting a snack unlike other snacks. The next time your family gathers around the big screen why not make them some Bang Bang shrimp. Bang Bang shrimp is defiantly unique and unlike the snacks normally served on family movie night at home. Shrimp can be made many different ways and with many different spices to.
Gathering together with the whole family is sometimes a rare treat in some homes. Often the adults must work different hours or the children are involved in their own activities away from home. This situation makes it difficult to spend quality time together. In this case family time may need to be planed. If this sounds familiar do not despair. Plan your family get together for a night when all or most of the family are home and fix up a batch of bang bang shrimp. Your family will be sure to never miss another movie night!
- Half cup Mayo
- Quarter cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- Three to five drops Tabasco sauce
- One pound small shrimps peeled and deveined
- Peanut oil
- Lettuce leaves
- Half cup chopped scallions
- Mix Mayo with sweet chili sauce and Tabasco sauce.
- Coat shrimp with cornstarch and deep fry in hot oil about a minute or two.
- Remove shrimp from oil with slotted spoon and drain well on paper towels.
- Coat fried shrimp in sauce and place atop a bed of crisp lettuce leaves.
- Sprinkle chopped scallions on top shrimp and lettuce leaves.
- This bang bang shrimp recipe will serve four and takes only ten minutes to prepare and serve.
Delightfully crunchy shrimp dipped in a mayo and Thai sauce with a hint of hot pepper sauce creates a shrimp with a tantalizing sweet heat that no one can resist. Crisp lettuce leaves and chopped scallions add the nutritional value of high protein, low carbohydrates, and rich vitamins and minerals that are needed for our bodies. When you make bang bang shrimp there is little need for any other snack. You can also serve this bang bang shrimp as a meal with a rice pilaf, steamed green beans and carrots and hot buttered rolls. You might want to add this to a tossed garden salad mixed with delicious scallions for an even more protein rich salad. This shrimp would also go well on pizza or in a hoagie bun with lettuce, tomato, and cheese. The list of ways to serve this bang bang shrimp are practicality endless and if you let your imagination run you will probably discover even more ways to serve this sweet great bang bang shrimp.
One Response to Outstanding Sweet Heat Bang Bang Shrimp Poppers
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37779 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29237 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24690 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21798 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21329 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15693 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13794 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13361 Views)