Mariner Shrimp, Soy, and Miso: Japanese Shrimp Recipes
Japanese cooking sometimes wraps around the salty condiment called miso. A bowl of miso soup in the morning is a quick pick-me-up. Miso adds flavoring to other dishes during the day. The healthy soya plant produces soybeans, the base of miso, although rice or wheat is sometimes combined with the mold culture that creates this product. Various ingredients and fermentation time produce various types of miso. Texture, aroma, flavor, and color vary in this healthy foodstuff. Sweet light miso is aged for a few months while the darker miso often ages for nearly two years.
Most oriental and health shops sell miso, which is available in red, dark brown and white colors. Light colored soups and sauces gets extra flavor with the addition of light colored miso. Jars and sealed plastic bags are the usual means of packaging. Mix miso in when the food is finished cooking. After opening the package, it keeps for quite a while in the refrigerator.
When it comes to preparing shrimp such as the one featured in this picture, grilling is the way to go. Large prawns like Tiger prawns and King prawns fit nicely on the grill. Smaller prawns and shrimp are tasty when grilled. Thread them on presoaked wooden skewers, which will prevent them from drying out. Prawns and shrimp are very closely related, but have a few minor differences. Many cooks base the title, prawns, or shrimp, on the size, with prawns being the large variety and shrimp the smaller variety.
- 1 can smoked trout
- 6 giant prawns
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 large lemons, sliced lengthwise in quarter-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed, cut lengthwise in quarter-inch slices
- 1 green onions, sliced
- 8 mushrooms, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons oil for stir-frying
- Shrimp Preparation:
- Preheat grill to high.
- Remove the shell and intestinal vein from the prawns but leave the tail and head intact.
- Brush prawns with olive oil and thread on presoaked wooden skewers.
- Sprinkle the prawns with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Grill for 2 minutes and turn over. Grill an additional 2 minutes. The prawns will be pink when done.
- Remove from the heat.
- Fried Rice Preparation:
- Put the salt and pepper in a small bowl. Break the eggs into the bowl and beat lightly with a whisk or fork.
- Heat a frying pan over high, adding 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the eggs when it is hot, stirring until they are lightly scrambled. Remove the eggs to a small bowl. Clean the pan.
- Put the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil into the pan and heat to high. Add the rice to stir-fry, breaking it apart as you stir it. Cook 4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and the oyster sauce, continuing to stir and cook 1 minute.
- Combine the scrambled egg and green onion with the rice mixture and stir-fry 2 minutes, mixing all the ingredients.
- Final Preparation:
- Lay out 6 medium-sized plates. Form a rice patty about the same thickness and slightly larger than a standard rice cake.
- Set a slice of lemon towards the right-hand edge (as you are looking at the rice) of the rice. Put a piece of smoked trout in front of the lemon.
- Arrange the shrimp as it appears in the picture, with a curl of red pepper and a garnish of a green leaf of your choice. Add additional seasoning, if needed.
This special dinner is a seafood aficionado delight, featuring a bed of fried rice shaped in the form and width of a rice cake. Heavenly smoked trout, placed atop the rice, curls to fit the design of the good-sized shrimp. Mushrooms and a thin slice of red bell pepper lay across the froth of the shrimp for color and appeal, with a sprinkle of paprika on the top of the shrimp. A slice of lemon rests on the rice behind the shrimp and trout, serving as a wall to hold the design and a creative feature on its own.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37780 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29241 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24694 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21799 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21331 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15696 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15160 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13796 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13362 Views)