Golden Delicious Chinese Coconut Shrimp Recipe
Do you want to duplicate the Chinese shrimp dish from your favorite Chinese restaurant that you like so much? Oriental food is a wonderful treat from the meals most of us cook for our families. The spices are delightful and unlike the spices normally kept in home pantries. Oftentimes these dishes have meat and vegetables in a savory sauce. Chinese cuisine is favored by many, but quite a few do not know how to make it at home themselves.
Making Chinese food is really quite easy when you have the recipe. The seasonings and spices used in this cuisine are readily available at your local grocers in the International food section. Further, these spices and seasonings also have the instructions in English. Although the Chinese typically use a variety of seasonings and spices to flavor their food these spices are now available as a mix.
When you want to make your family homemade Chinese food you may use a number of mixes. This of course depends on the Chinese dish you are making though. For instance, if you want to make Chinese pepper steak, cashew chicken and egg rolls you would need two different mixes as well as the egg roll wrappers. If you wanted to make Coconut Shrimp, only one mix and a few other ingredients are needed. Chinese coconut shrimp is very easy to make and it is enjoyed by many. If you want to surprise your family with a delightful dish of Chinese coconut shrimp you need only follow the easy directions below.
- 1 ½ pounds medium shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 1 box tempura batter mix
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh coconut
- ¼ pound very ripe mangoes
- 1 small onion
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 3 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons sugar
- Heat oil in large skillet to very hot.
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry.
- Dip shrimp into tempura batter and then into coconut.
- Fry shrimp in hot oil until golden brown stirring frequently to keep shrimp from sticking.
- Remove shrimp to bowl lined with paper towels.
- Cover to keep hot.
- Mango Sauce:
- Remove stone from inside mangoes and discard stones.
- Place fruit into blender.
- Sauté onion and bell pepper about 10 minutes in about 2 to 3 Tablespoons oil.
- Spoon vegetables from oil and add to blender.
- Add ½ tsp. Salt and a couple tablespoons sugar.
- Puree well and serve with coconut shrimp.
A delightfully sweet dish of Chinese coconut shrimp and fresh made mango sauce is a great appetizer to serve with king crab and lobster. It is also great just to have as a snack. What a great way to get the kids to eat seafood too! Chinese coconut shrimp, rice with snow peas, broccoli, and cauliflower served on a background of white dinner plates makes a great presentation for a wonderful and nutritious Chinese dinner your entire family will love. Once you have made Chinese coconut shrimp for your family it will defiantly not be the last time. When you taste the sweetness of the coconut crusted shrimp dipped in the mango sauce you will give it five stars!
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37778 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29235 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21327 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16226 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13792 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)