Explosively Delicious Firecracker Shrimp Recipe
Having a 4Th of July get together and searching for easy appetizers? These wonderful Firecracker Shrimp are perfect for an easy and appropriate appetizer. They are beautiful served on a party platter for guests to enjoy. Easy to prepare and very tasty too, your guests will love this Firecracker shrimp recipe. The perfect finger food for guests to indulge their appetites and enjoy your culinary abilities.
This easy Firecracker Shrimp recipe is very easy to prepare and make perfect party appetizers. With the shrimp tail protruding from one end and the carrot from the other, it looks exactly like a firecracker! The taste of these firecracker shrimp appetizers are an explosion of perfect taste too.
Guests will flock to these delicious firecracker shrimp so you will want to make plenty of these great appetizers. The delicious dipping sauce makes the best taste sensation for these wonderful Firecracker shrimp. Perfect morsels of crunchy wonton wrappers stuffed with tender delicious shrimp and vegetables are divine perfection. One bite and your guests will devour this easy firecracker shrimp recipe appetizer.
- 15 jumbo shrimp, shells removed, but tails left on intact
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 8 Spring roll sheets separated
- 28 carrot strips julienne
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 ½ cups canola oil (for frying)
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 tsp. hot sauce
- ⅛ tsp. Red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- Cut along the back of the spine of the shrimp deeply, but not completely through, remove the vein.
- Leave the tail on, completely intact on the shrimp.
- Repeat for each shrimp.
- Wash the shrimp by rinsing in a bowl you have added the salt to.
- Swish around a few minutes and then drain, rinse under cold water.
- After all shrimp are cleaned and rinsed place in colander and allow water to drain from shrimp.
- Sprinkle shrimp with ½ tsp. Of garlic salt, tossing shrimp as you sprinkle the garlic salt, to assure garlic salt seasons all shrimp.
- Now slice each spring roll wrapper into three separate pieces, making 3 narrow and long strips.
- Place carrots in a bowl of water, which you have added the remaining garlic salt.
- Allow to set about 2 minutes.
- Brush each shrimp with egg down the split section.
- Place 2-3 carrot strips in the slit of the shrimp.
- Now brush a strip of the won ton wrapper with egg and place shrimp inside wrapper.
- Roll shrimp inside wrapper and brush end of wrapper with egg to seal the wrapper.
- The tail of the shrimp will be sticking out of the right side of the wrapper and the carrot out the left.
- In a heated wok (or semi-deep skillet), add the oil and fry each rolled won ton firecracker shrimp recipe until golden on each side.
- Remove to a platter.
- To Prepare Dipping Sauce:
- Mix Mayonnaise, sour cream, hot sauce and pepper flakes in a bowl.
- Adjust the heat of the dipping sauce to your desired taste by adding the amount of hot sauce and red pepper to your preference.
- Serve the dipping sauce with the firecracker shrimp and enjoy!
This is a very easy appetizer to make for your next get together. It is perfect for a 4Th of July celebration or Memorial Day celebration. The firecracker shrimp recipe looks exactly like a firecracker on the plate. The hot sauce and red pepper add just the right amount of heat to your firecracker shrimp recipe too! You can even add a bit of yellow food coloring to the dipping sauce to really add the color of a glowing yellow flame! The result is a beautiful firecracker shrimp recipe that is perfect in appearance and taste!
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37781 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29244 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24700 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21801 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21335 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15699 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15160 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13797 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13364 Views)