Creole Boiled Shrimp with Tomato Wine Recipe
Boiled shrimps can be used in many recipes, from sweet and sour Asian dishes to seafood salads to appetizers. If you are watching your weight, boiled shrimp calories are very low. Shrimp is very healthy and a great source of protein. Most people really like the taste of shrimp and some people claim it is their favorite type of seafood. A gourmet shrimp dish served with a bold flavored white wine is a surefire way to impress somebody.
The following recipe makes good use of boiled shrimps, tomatoes, red wine, and chives. You can make the sauce a day ahead if you want to. It often comes out richer and smoother when you do! The list of ingredients might seem long but you will have most of the seasonings in your cupboard already and once you have made this amazing shrimp recipe you are sure to want to make it again and again.
This recipe is ideal for seafood loves and Creole boiled shrimp certainly is not lacking in flavor. It is not fiery hot but it does pack a big flavor punch. Boiled shrimp recipes range from mild and delicate to full-flavored and bold and this shrimp and wine recipe makes use of garlic, cayenne, mace, basil and many other vibrant flavors. Shrimp has its own distinctive flavor, which most of us know well, and this pairs with all kinds of sauces. If you want a boiled shrimp recipe, which boasts plenty of wonderful flavor, try this Creole boiled shrimp recipe for dinner tonight.
- 2 lbs shrimp
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 bunches scallions, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 can tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 18 oz can tomato sauce
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 4 tablespoons red wine
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon mace
- 4 bay leaves
- 6 whole allspice
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons black pepper
- ½ cup flour
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- Pour the olive oil into a skillet over a very low heat. Add the flour gradually, and stir continuously, to make a roux. This should take about 20 minutes and is ready when it is the color of peanut butter. When it is done, add the celery, scallions, onion, garlic, green pepper and parley. Add the tomato sauce, tomatoes, chives, bay leaf, red wine, lemon and the other spices. Bring to the boil.
- Add 2 cups of water and boil again. Turn the heat down and simmer for 45 minutes. Bring back to the boil before resuming the recipe (everything before this point you can make the day before and keep in the refrigerator if you want to - you just need to bring it back to the boil when ready).
- Boil some white rice. Boil the shrimp for a few minutes until it turns pink. Remove it from the heat immediately. Arrange boiled rice on each plate, top with the sauce and several shrimps. You can use chives on the plates for garnish.
A Picture of Creole Boiled Shrimp with Tomato Wine – this dish makes a lite yet surprisingly refreshing appetizer and the spiciness of the dish wakes the mouth up to the courses to follow.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37779 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29237 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24690 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21798 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21329 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15693 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13794 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13361 Views)