The Best Fresh Mussels Recipe
Mussels recipes are always popular because mussels have such a wonderful and unique flavor. Serving a fresh mussels recipe at a dinner party shows your guests that you have their enjoyment in mind. Did you know that mussels are really easy to cook? They are normally steamed in a covered pot for a few minutes, perhaps with some garlic, lemon, tarragon and oil. These ingredients do vary from recipe to recipe, of course, but gentle flavors like these go so nicely with something as delicately flavored as fresh mussels and steaming helps to permeate the mussels with the lemon and garlic flavors.
0There are different recipes for mussels but in the following recipe steamed mussels are teamed with garlic, wine, shallots, tarragon and more for a really aromatic and delicious result. If you are looking for easy party appetizers which are hot and flavorful, you can’t go wrong with this easy fresh mussels recipe. Serve these appetizing steamed mussels with warm bread and butter for soaking up the wonderful juices.
The combination of wine, garlic, butter, shallots, olive oil and tarragon in this tasty fresh mussels recipe really brings out the seafood flavor and makes these mussels a treat to eat. Most recipes for steamed mussels are similar and aromatic, mild ingredients like these work in harmony to bring out the mussel taste and complement the dish. This recipe for mussels does not take long to prepare and your guests will love the flavor of this dish.
- 2 lbs cultivated mussels
- 2 cups white wine
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 coarsely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Salt and black pepper
- Scrub the mussels to remove any grit or beards.
- Add the oil, garlic and shallots to a big pot and sauté them until soft.
- Pour in the wine and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the mussels, cover the pot and let them cook for about 7 minutes or until they are all open.
- Discard any which do not open.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the mussels to a serving platter.
- Bring the cooking liquid to a boil, then turn down the heat a bit and whisk in the butter.
- Add the tarragon and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour this mixture over the mussels and serve hot, with lemon wedges on the side.
These orange-colored, juicy mussels make a wonderful appetizer recipe and if you like the sound of hot mussels in a wine, garlic and tarragon sauce, you are really going to love this, and so will your guests. Mussels recipes are a great idea if you want hot appetizers and if seafood appetizers sound like fun. Mussels are incredibly easy to cook and if you follow the recipe they are sure to come out juicy and soft. This fresh mussels recipe is suitable for any occasion or event. A recipe for steamed mussels smells delicious while it cooks and will taste amazing too. This is one of our classic holiday appetizer recipes which starts off any dinner in style.
Leave a Reply
- Roasted Red Potatoes with Salmon Roe and Sour Cream January 21, 2016
- Anchovy and Dill Canapes January 19, 2016
- Spanish Seafood Stuffed Egg Appetizers January 14, 2016
- Lamb Chops with Cucumber Slaw January 11, 2016
- Seared Scallops over Rice Timbales January 8, 2016
- Pork Potstickers with Soy-Chili Dipping Sauce January 5, 2016
- Feta Cheese and Tomato Deviled Eggs January 2, 2016
- Healthy Ratatouille Stuffed Peppers December 29, 2015
- Palate-Cleansing Citrus Sorbet Appetizers December 26, 2015
- Easy Shrimp and Cottage Cheese Canapes December 23, 2015
- Home (36579 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (27684 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (23745 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21135 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (20109 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (15338 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (14934 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (14455 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (12397 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (11908 Views)