Simple Recipes for Pan Fried Scallops
This is one of the simplest scallop recipes ever and you will only need seven ingredients to make it. Learning how to cook scallops is very straightforward and it is a shame that many people never try making scallop recipes or any other seafood recipes unless they are using cooked shellfish or seafood to make them. Scallops simply need to be sautéed for a few minutes. You can also grill them but do keep an eye on your scallops while they are cooking because if you burn them you will have to cook more and they can burn quickly.
Most seafood cooks quickly and cooking scallops is no exception. Whether you opt for broiled scallops, a pan fried scallops dish or another kind of scallop recipe you will find most of them to be easy to prepare and very successful. Why not buy some scallops the next time you are in the store wondering what to make for dinner or thinking about easy recipes for a dinner party?
In the following recipe, the scallops are coated in paprika-spiced breadcrumbs and then sautéed in butter. You make an easy sauce using wine and butter and serve this with the scallops. How easy is that? You can see from this pan fried scallops recipe that scallops are really simple to cook. They do not cost too much either because usually when you prepare scallop recipes either they are appetizers, and therefore not very big portions, or the scallops are just one component of a larger meal. You would not serve a dinner plate full of scallops, for example.
- 1 ½ lb sea scallops
- 1 ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ white wine
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup butter
- Combine the paprika, salt, pepper, and breadcrumbs.
- Rinse the scallops and roll them in this mixture.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan until frothy.
- Add the scallops.
- Sauté until lightly browned.
- Remove the scallops and set aside.
- Add the wine to the butter in the frying pan.
- Boil gently for a minute, stirring continually.
- Place the scallops in their shells and pour over the wine mixture.
Scallops are considered a real treat because they are not the kind of food we eat every day. There are however many different scallop recipes to try if you enjoy the unique flavor of this special type of seafood. What about sea scallops in a chowder or broiled scallops with a healthy salad? This recipe for breadcrumb-coated scallops served on shells makes the seafood look very appetizing and attractive. Do not worry if you do not have the shells. You can serve them just as they are or with some salad on the side as a garnish.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37776 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24676 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)