Crab Rangoon Appetizer Recipe
Recipe for Crab Rangoon Appetizers
A Crab Rangoon Appetizer Recipe is perfect for your parties. You can serve a variety of dipping sauces for your Crab Rangoon Appetizers. These make great holiday appetizers and are universally loved by children and adults. Make these easy Crab Rangoon Appetizers for your next holiday party and watch your guests eyes light up like a Christmas tree.
Crab Rangoon Appetizer Recipe
Everyone loves crab, wrapped in crispy crunchy wrap with cream cheese. The taste could not get better. These are absolutely perfect appetizers served warm or for that fact, even cold.
These are a perfect appetizer to serve at family gatherings or any dinner party. Easy to make and enjoyed by everyone. Serve these wonderful crunchy delights on a platter for guests to help themselves. They will be gone before you know it.
There is no doubt these will be a family favorite on late movie nights and even family game nights. They take just minutes to prepare and require just a few simple ingredients. Unbelievably they are even healthy, with the crab and cheese they are protein packed.
These are not the lowest calorie dish, but never mind that, because they are so delicious, and we all deserve a treat from time to time. Only have one or two if you’re watching your waistline.
Do You Have a Favorite Recipe for Crab Rangoon?
- 14 oz small square wonton wrappers
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 lb shredded crabmeat
- 1 lb softened cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 quart oil, for frying
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 360 degrees F.
- Combine the cream cheese with the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, parsley, cilantro and crabmeat.
- Place ½ to 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture in the center of each wonton wrapper.
- Fold the wonton wrappers over the stuffing to make a triangle.
- (If you bought round dumpling wrappers you can make half-moons instead).
- Moisten the edges with a little water, and seal, pressing out any air.
- Place the wontons under a slightly moist paper towel until ready for frying.
- Add 3 or 4 wontons to the hot oil, and cook until golden brown, turning once.
- Set aside on paper towels to drain.
- Repeat until all the crab rangoon wontons have been fried.
Photo Credit: 05 fried cheese wonton or crab rangoon without crab by jasonlam, on Flickr
If you are in the mood for Asian food but you do not mind adding some Western ingredients to enhance the overall flavor, you might like to consider this crab Rangoon wontons recipe, something you have probably tried before but if not, definitely bookmark this and plan to make it as soon as possible, because it really is special. The picture shows you how lovely these look when finished. They will be golden brown and crunchy, and served with a sweet chili dipping sauce, this makes a perfect appetizer. The crab and cream cheese filling contrasts so nicely with the crunchy exterior.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)