Crab and Cream Cheese Wontons
Tasty Crab and Cream Cheese Wontons
Do you need a tasty appetizer to feed the whole crowd? Well try out this Crab and Cream Cheese Wontons recipe and you’ll be worry-free. This Crab and Cream Cheese Wontons recipe makes enough to feed everyone at your party and you will be delighted just how easy they are to prepare. In fact you will probably have everyone asking you for the recipe.
Crab Rangoon Recipe
Crunchy outer layer with a cream cheese and delicate crab filling of Crab Rangoon are a taste treat for a hungry crowd. These Crab Rangoon are quick and easy to prepare and will fill the appetizer requirements for the hostess of any crowd. These are great for family get togethers, hosting seasonal sports events, even a teenage slumber party. They go over great on family movie night to enjoy during movies instead of the typical Popcorn or pizza.
They are appetizers that everyone will enjoy from the youngest to the oldest. For an easy Movie night appetizer tray accompany these Crab Rangoon with mini eggrolls and beverages of your choice. No matter when or how you decide to serve these, serve them warm. The creamy cream cheese melded with the decadent crab and crisp wonton wrapper is a taste that demands more. They are nearly an addiction in themselves. Not necessarily diet friendly, but oh… the temptation of these little wonders is almost worth crashing any diet.
Have You Ever Made Your Own Crab Rangoon?
- 1 quart oil for deep frying
- 2 egg whites
- 14 oz wonton wrappers
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 finely chopped bunch green onions
- 1 lb softened cream cheese
- 12 oz imitation crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Heat the oil to 375 degrees F in a deep pot.
- Combine the sesame oil with the cream cheese, imitation crabmeat, soy sauce, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and green onions.
- Place about a teaspoon of this mixture in the center of each wonton wrapper.
- Put the egg whites in a small bowl and, using your fingers, spread egg white over two edges of the wonton wrappers.
- Fold them into triangles and press to seal the edges, making sure all the air is out.
- Deep fry the wontons in small batches until golden brown (this takes about 3 minutes) then drain them on paper towels and serve warm.
Photo Credit: Mmm… Crab Rangoon by jeffreyw, on Flickr
You can see from the picture how crispy these are going to be and how they will break apart in your mouth to release the creamy, fishy filling. Crab Rangoon wontons are incredibly flavorful, and they are not even expensive to make if you use imitation crab. Nobody will care whether you are using imitation crab or not when they taste one of these, because the overall flavor is just so good. Let these cool down for 10 minutes so no one burns their mouth by grabbing one as soon as they smell that incredible aroma.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)