Cooking Scallops with Lemon Butter and Herbs
Can you cook seafood in a crockpot? That is a question a lot of people ask. For some reason many people seem to think a slow cooker is only for soup, stews, and delicate foods like fish or seafood must be cooked in a pan. The truth is you can cook a lot of different foods in the slow cooker and there are easy crockpot recipes for any course (even dessert!) and for nearly any ingredient. The exception to this would be anything that needs hot, dry cooking like a filet mignon or anything that needs to deep fry in hot oil.
Do not be afraid to experiment with fish and seafood in the slow cooker. You might like to make a delicious cioppino recipe and that famous San Francisco soup is well worth making. Another option is the following scallops recipe. The gentle cooking that the crockpot offers is wonderful for scallops. It cooks them whilst keeping them super juicy at the same time and allowing them to soak up the garlic and lemon flavors.
You can use bay scallops or sea scallops in this crockpot scallop recipe. Just make sure you rinse and dry them first and get rid of the tough connective tissue inside. Scallops have a mild yet wonderful flavor and the lemon and garlic really brings out the excellent fishy taste. These are amazing served with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc and if you want to impress your party guests without attempting a difficult recipe, this scallops appetizer is perfect.
- 10 oz sea scallops or bay scallops
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 peeled garlic clove, halved lengthwise
- 2 lemon wedges and 4 thin slices lemon
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Pinch each salt and black pepper
- Rinse the scallops and pat them dry.
- Remove the tough connective tissue.
- Put the garlic, lemon slices and butter in the crockpot and cook on high for half an hour or until the butter is hot.
- Add the scallops and sprinkle some salt over them.
- Stir them to coat and cover the crockpot again.
- Cook for 30 minutes on high or until the scallops are opaque in the middle.
- Press the lemon slices with the back of a spoon to get their juices out, and then discard them.
- Sprinkle the cooking liquid over the scallops and add black pepper to taste.
- Transfer the scallops to 2 serving plates using a slotted spoon.
- Drizzle some of the cooking liquid over them and sprinkle the fresh parsley on top.
- Serve with the lemon wedges.
This amazing recipe is so easy to make. Maybe you have always shied away from cooking seafood in the past because you were afraid it would go wrong or come out rubbery or tough. You will not have that problem with this easy scallops recipe because the slow cooker cooks them so gently that you can see when they are ready and the simple combination of parsley, butter, lemon and garlic gives the scallops all the flavor they need. This recipe makes enough for two people only so if you are feeding a group you will need to double or triple it. This is a fast crockpot recipe and the dish will be ready to serve in an hour.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37774 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24676 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15689 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15158 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)