Best Oyster Appetizer Recipe
Best Oyster Appetizer Recipe: Mega Crunch Fried Oysters
Seafood platters are one of my favorite things in the world and at home when I make one, I include my best oyster appetizer recipe which is totally out of this world. I get a lot of raves and awesome compliments when I have visitors at home. My children love to eat it for snacks and it is perfect as a starter for sophisticated dinners at home. My recipe is called: Mega Crunch Fried Oysters.
An oyster is a name that commonly refers to various groups of shelled mollusks who live in the ocean and in brackish waters. The varieties of oysters that can be eaten are favored a lot for their taste and texture. It is believed to be a powerful aphrodisiac for many people, for a very long time.
Are you planning to cook for your beloved? Make sure to have some oysters in the menu. You can eat oysters cooked or you can even eat them raw but in my opinion, I much prefer it when they are fried in many ways. I mean, who doesn’t love fried food? Anyway, oysters can be coated with various kinds of coatings and batters including cracker meal, flour, corn meal, breadcrumbs, and other concocted mixtures.
However, if you want them really crispy, panko breadcrumbs should be used. It becomes one of the best easy party appetizers if they are cooked to that special crispiness because even if the party goes on all night, the crisp holds up.
Do You Have a Favorite Oyster Appetizer Recipe?
- 18 shucked, medium-size, fresh oysters
- 2 cups of panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 egg
- Canola oil (for frying)
- Dry the oysters by patting them with paper towels. Then, place the oysters on a dish and season them with a pinch of Old Bay seasoning. Then roll each piece of oyster in the flour gently. On a separate bowl, beat the egg with the milk. After doing this, you can go ahead and dip the floured oyster into the egg and milk mixture. You can then dredge the oysters with the panko breadcrumbs. While waiting for the oil to be fully heated in the pan, place the oysters on a bed of panko crumbs to achieve that thick coating you want for that maximum crunchiness.
- The oil is to be preheated on high and when it is hot, carefully place the oysters into the pan and fry them. Fry the oysters until you achieve a golden brown color on all sides.
- Once the lovely color is achieved, remove the oysters from the pan and drain it from excess oil with the use of paper towels.
- Voila! It is done and it is ready to be gobbled up by the hungry people in the house. Make sure to serve it while it is hot with some tartar sauce or cocktail sauce.
- What do you think of my best oyster appetizer recipe? Isn't it delicious? It sure is. Everyone has been asking me for the recipe and at last, it is out in the open. Cheers!
Photo Credit: delicious fried oyster appetizer by permanently scatterbrained, on Flickr
Oysters may be presented raw on the half-shell, used in casseroles or pasta dishes, or coated with breadcrumbs and fried until crunchy and golden brown. This recipe features a seasoned crumb mixture to coat your oysters, and then they are fried until golden brown and perfectly crispy. Serve them with salad leaves and lemon wedges, like you can see in the photo, and they make a delightful appetizer. You may also use canned oysters to make this dish, as long as they are well drained first. If you are looking for a brand new recipe for oysters, consider this one because it really is good.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21324 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13788 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)