Sweet Smoked Sausage Appetizers
This tasty smoked sausage appetizer is made by wrapping smoked sausage in bacon, adding onion and bell pepper, and pouring over a sweet and sticky sauce. These smoked sausage appetizers go equally well at a barbecue as at a formal sit down dinner and their flavor is amazing.
If you like sausage, you will love this sweet and sour sausage appetizer. It has quite a long cooking time so you can be getting on with other things while this delicious appetizer bakes. This is one of the most easy party appetizers if you want to make something, which cooks itself and frees up your time and the juicy, tangy flavor of the finished smoked sausage appetizer is really gorgeous.
If you are using a fatty bacon, you might want to check the appetizer partway through the cooking time and pour off some of the grease. Another way of making these is to grill the red onion and green bell pepper pieces, and then thread them on to skewers with the bacon-wrapped sausage appetizers when they are cooked. Grilling and baking are both good methods for making this smoked sausage appetizer. The sweet, sticky sauce is really delicious and goes with the sausage appetizer like nothing else would.
- 8 oz jar prepared sweet and sour sauce
- 1 lb bacon
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 rings Kielbasa sausage
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 red onions, chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped in 1 inch pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the sausage into 1 ¾ inch chunks and the bacon strips into 2 short pieces.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each sausage slice and secure it with a toothpick.
- Put the bacon-wrapped sausage in a 13 x 9 inch pan and bake, covered, for half an hour.
- Stir the sweet and sour sauce with the sugar and ketchup.
- Remove the toothpicks from the bacon-wrapped sausages and replace them with 6 inch bamboo skewers.
- Thread a piece of red onion and a piece of green bell pepper on to each one, after the bacon-wrapped sausage.
- Pour the sauce over the top and bake for another hour.
This smoked sausage appetizer combines the sweet with the savory, meat with vegetables and there is a real flavor explosion on your tongue when you taste the delicious sticky, sweet sauce on top. If you like hot appetizer recipes, this one will really impress you and your guests. You can put two bacon-wrapped sausage pieces and two lots of vegetables on each skewer if you want but remember you do not want to fill your guests up too much before the entree is ready so limit it to one each. Sausage appetizers recipes always work well at parties and events and these are really colorful and appealing.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37779 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29237 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21798 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21329 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15693 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13794 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13360 Views)