Simple Two Ingredient Make Ahead Appetizers
This is a very simple appetizer recipe, you only need two ingredients – bacon, and enoki mushrooms. This is a Japanese style dish and it’s Japanese name is “obimake” because the bacon wraps around the mushrooms like an obi sash. Obi is the world for a kimono sash. You can use any type of bacon for this, even turkey bacon. The streaky bacon is nice because it goes crispy and has lots of flavor.
Enoki mushrooms are golden to dark brown with velvet-like growth on the lower part of the stem. There are wild ones and cultivated ones. The cultivated kind have a stronger flavor and they are paler because they are grown in the dark. Enoki mushrooms can be eaten raw or cooked. They need to be used soon after you buy them because they only last two or three days in a paper bag in the refrigerator. Check enoki mushrooms for mold or slime before buying them.
These make ahead appetizers can be made in the morning, and then broiled later on, just before your guests arrive. If you are looking for something timesaving, this recipe is a good way of preparing hot appetizer recipes early in the day and just heating them up later, rather than having to prepare them and cook them right after.
- 6 strips smoked bacon
- 5 oz enoki mushrooms
- Cut each strip of bacon in half crosswise, so you get 12 long strips.
- Wash the enoki mushrooms and trim the roots off.
- Divide the enoki mushrooms into 12 small piles and wrap a strip of bacon around each one, securing it with a toothpick.
- Put the mushrooms on a wire rack with a pan below it and broil them for 10 minutes, turning once.
- When the bacon is beginning to crisp and go brown, they are done.
- Take the toothpicks out and press the bacon on paper towels to get rid of excessive grease.
- Serve these bacon and enoki mushroom appetizers warm.
Who would have thought you could make such delicious make ahead appetizers with only two ingredients? These easy party appetizers prove that you do not need lots of different ingredients to make fancy appetizer recipes. There are all kinds of appetizers you can make with bacon. You can wrap it around cheese, dates, shrimps and other things too. The woody, earthy flavor of mushrooms is nice with the meaty, slightly sweet flavor of bacon. Hot appetizer recipes like this bacon-wrapped mushroom appetizer are really tasty and people usually like to have two or three, so make sure you prepare enough of these make ahead appetizers.
Leave a Reply
- Spicy BBQ Quesadilla Holiday Appetizer November 23, 2014
- Bacon and Cheese Appetizer Rolls November 22, 2014
- Balsamic Asparagus and Parmesan Appetizer November 20, 2014
- Refreshing Pear and Prosciutto Appetizer November 1, 2014
- Delicate Mini Smoked Salmon and Caviar Appetizer August 26, 2014
- Crispy Vegetable Spring Rolls August 24, 2014
- Spicy Crockpot Queso Dip August 18, 2014
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (19322 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (18616 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (16118 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (14559 Views)
- Home (13280 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (12108 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (11973 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (11138 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (10841 Views)
- Old Bay Oven Baked Chicken Wings (9477 Views)
- Italian Sausage and Peppers Recipe (9208 Views)
- Smoked Salmon and Caper Canapés (8776 Views)
- One of the Best Holiday Appetizer Recipes – Apple Filo Appetizers (8766 Views)
- Grape Jelly Meatball Sauce Recipe (8403 Views)
- Smoked Salmon and Dill Cold Appetizer Recipe (7749 Views)