Recipe for Meatball Appetizers in Crockpot with Bourbon Sauce
Are you looking for crockpot appetizer ideas? If so, you might like to consider making the following recipe. It is made in three parts. First you need to make and bake meatballs, and then you need to slow cook them to give them lots of flavor and make a dipping sauce to go with them. This recipe is well worth making because the flavor is incredible.
You can make this recipe with frozen meatballs if you want to save time. It will not taste as good as the homemade ones but if you are in a rush you might want to do that. If so, use a two pound bag of frozen meatballs. If you want to make truly delectable meatballs though, follow the recipe as it stands. You will be glad you did.
The meatballs are made with ground beef and they are livened up with garlic, onion, Worcestershire sauce and more. The chili and grape sauce keeps them moist in the slow cooker although most of it will soak in. The sauce that we recommend you serve with the meatballs is made with bourbon, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce and more. The white grape juice in this dipping sauce gives it a touch of sweetness and means that the sauce flavor echoes the flavor of the meatballs, since they are slow cooked in a spiced grape jelly sauce too.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 jar chili sauce
- 1 jar grape jelly
- ⅓ cup teriyaki sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon finely diced garlic
- ⅓ cup diced red onions
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- ½ cup Jack Daniels bourbon
- ⅓ cup white grape juice
- First make the meatballs.
- Combine the ground beef, milk, breadcrumbs, egg, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper in a big bowl and stir it together well.
- Shape it into meatballs and bake them for about 10 minutes at 400 degrees F in the oven or until they are cooked through.
- Transfer them to the crockpot.
- If you prefer to use frozen meatballs, just put them in the crockpot.
- Whisk the chili sauce with the grape jelly and pour this over the meatballs.
- Cook for 2 to 6 hours on low. The longer you cook the meatballs, the more flavorful they will be.
- Stir all the dipping sauce ingredients together in a pan and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Let it simmer for about 40 minutes.
- Arrange the meatballs on a serving platter and put a toothpick into each one.
- Serve the warm dipping sauce on the side.
You can either serve the meatballs with the sauce like you can see in the picture, perhaps with some grated cheese, rice or another garnish, or you can put a toothpick in each one and serve them with the dipping sauce on the side. It really depends whether you are presenting these as finger food or having them as part of a sit-down dinner. The longer the meatballs cook in the crockpot the more flavorful they will be, so plan this dish ahead, and you can be sure they will be really delicious.
3 Responses to Recipe for Meatball Appetizers in Crockpot with Bourbon Sauce
Leave a Reply
- Delicate Mini Smoked Salmon and Caviar Appetizer August 26, 2014
- Crispy Vegetable Spring Rolls August 24, 2014
- Spicy Crockpot Queso Dip August 18, 2014
- Crayfish and Salmon Terrine August 16, 2014
- All is Good Again March 8, 2014
- Our Wow’s with Rich Pins March 6, 2014
- Eggs Stuffed with Tuna Appetizer Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (19262 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (18499 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (15999 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (14501 Views)
- Home (13212 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (12003 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (11790 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (11081 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (10538 Views)
- Old Bay Oven Baked Chicken Wings (9421 Views)
- Italian Sausage and Peppers Recipe (9151 Views)
- One of the Best Holiday Appetizer Recipes – Apple Filo Appetizers (8703 Views)
- Smoked Salmon and Caper Canapés (8537 Views)
- Grape Jelly Meatball Sauce Recipe (8347 Views)
- Simple Yet Elegant Beef Tenderloin Appetizers (7692 Views)