Pepper and Peach Pumpernickel Bread
You can try cocktail rye bread in this appetizer recipe if you want and if you cannot find red jalapenos you can use green ones. The red ones are mainly to add color to this pumpernickel bread recipe rather than change the flavor. Orange and yellow jalapenos can be used too. You might like to warn people that this peach and pepper appetizers might be rather piquant. Of course, you can vary the amount of jalapeno used if you want to.
This recipe blends flavors as well as textures. The cream cheese adds a soft element and the peach preserves add sweetness. This is a quick and easy party appetizer to make and they stay quite fresh, even if they do not all get eaten at once. Pumpernickel bread recipes can be filling so do not serve too many of these little snacks.
This is a nice cold appetizer recipe for the cooler season because, even though it is chilled, the jalapenos are very warming and the combination of hot pepper with fruit preserves have to be tried to be believed. It really is good and the smooth cream cheese finishes these little morsels off nicely.
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread, halved
- 1 green jalapeño
- 1 red jalapeño
- ½ cup peach preserves
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Put on some rubber gloves, then seed and finely chop the jalapeños.
- Throw the rubber gloves away and wash your hands in soapy water.
- Combine the jalapeños with the preserves and stir well.
- Spread the cream cheese over the pumpernickel slices and top with the jalapeño and peach mixture.
Jalapeños are an integral part of these canapés and you will love how they add a touch of heat to the preserves. Top your pumpernickel slices with cream cheese and then add the spicy preserve mixture for perfect results. Pumpernickel offers a rich flavor and it is also quite a firm bread which means it can easily support the weight of toppings without having to be toasted first. These canapés are tasty without being too filling and they are ideal for any occasion. Limit the amount of chili if you are not sure all your guests will like the spice.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37778 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29235 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21327 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15693 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13794 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)