Crunchy Spicy Chicken Recipe
This spicy chicken recipe is great served on Bibb lettuce leaves because they form a natural cup to hold the spicy chicken. You can break the leaves up if they are too big. If you do not have roasted peanuts, you can try toasted cashews or almonds instead. Just make sure the mixture is well combined and the chopped nuts are pressed slightly into the filling so they stay where they are.
These spicy chicken with water chestnuts appetizers are really light so they will not fill your guests up too much before they have their main course. They will definitely whet their appetites though. These delicious and easy party appetizers are great for any kind of party or event and they are always popular. Asian appetizers are very much in vogue and that includes Chinese and Thai style appetizers as well as the more unusual Vietnamese ones.
The mint is refreshing and aromatic and the water chestnuts and onion add texture and crunch. This is a very tasty Asian influenced appetizer recipe, which is delicious served chilled. If you like to make easy party appetizers, you will find this one simple to make and absolutely delicious too. Spicy chicken is always popular at parties and this appetizers are great.
- 24 small lettuce leaves
- 4 green onions
- 8 oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- Roughly chop the mint and peanuts and finely chop the water chestnuts and chicken.
- Slice the green onions.
- Combine the green onions, water chestnuts, and chicken.
- Sprinkle in the mint and red pepper and toss well.
- Put 2 tablespoons of this mixture on to every lettuce leaf, then top with the chopped nuts.
These look like small boats and they are certainly very charming. You can see how well the lettuce leaf contains the filling. Including chicken, mint, water chestnuts and more, nobody will be in any doubt this is an Asian appetizer. These are light enough to serve before any kind of main dish. Use a rigid type of lettuce if you are serving them as finger food, or any kind if you are serving them with a knife and fork. If you are looking for something fancy but really easy to prepare, this is a great option. Feel free to swap the chicken for shrimp if you want.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37776 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24676 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)