Chicken Parmesan Potato Bites
The flavors of chicken, potato, and parmesan combine beautifully and this chicken and potato recipe is quite simple in flavor, with onion and garlic to spice it up a bit, but it does make a great appetizer. The cheesy chicken mixture is served inside the potato wedges so this is one of our nice looking as well as easy party appetizers. Russet potatoes are good to use for this hot appetizer recipe. You can use another type of potato if you cannot find russets but they do have a nice colored skin.
Ranch dressing, sour cream, lemon mayonnaise or any other creamy dressing can be served to dip these tasty parmesan potato bites into. Since two of these filled potato skins make up half a potato, serve people two parmesan potato bites each as a good appetizer-sized portion.
If you want an easy yet delicious cheese, chicken and potato recipe to serve as easy party appetizers, this one is always appreciated and goes well before any entree. This is a nice warming recipe, which is especially good on cool fall or winter evenings. Summer appetizer recipes tend to be chilled and light but winter appetizers are usually heavier and served hot, to give your guests a nice glow and to warm them up.
- 6 baking potatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 oz raw skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 2 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- Ranch dressing or sour cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Clean the potatoes and prick them all over with a fork, then bake them for about 45 minutes or until they are tender.
- Turn the oven down to 350 degrees F.
- Cut each potato into 4 long wedges and scoop out the flesh, leaving the shell.
- Put the flesh in a bowl and mash it with the butter.
- Stir fry the onion, chicken and 1 clove of garlic until tender, using spray oil or vegetable oil if you do not have a non-stick pan. Let the chicken cool a bit, then shred it or finely chop it.
- Stir the rest of the garlic and the salt and pepper into the mashed potatoes, along with the chicken mixture and the cheddar.
- Put the mashed potato mixture back into the potato skins, sprinkle the parmesan over the top, and then bake them for 10 minutes.
- Serve them warm, with a bowl of ranch dressing or sour cream, for dipping.
If you want to serve these before the main dish, at a sit-down meal, then feel free to add some salad to the plate to round out the presentation. We have added tomato, red onion and a sprig of fresh herbs for a nice visual appeal. Ranch dressing makes a great dressing, and sour cream also works. For something more tangy, you could try Thousand Island dressing instead. Not only would these be a good pre-dinner snack, but they are also nice served as part of a buffet or you could bring them to a potluck dinner.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13788 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)