Easy Candied Pecans Recipe
Candied pecans are an unusual appetizer and, in the following candied pecans recipe, vanilla and cinnamon are used to add a wonderful aroma and flavor. These appetizers are quick and easy to make and you can use them to top desserts as well as a party appetizer. There are different candied pecans recipes you can try but the flavors in the following recipe are especially good.
Pecans are used in many recipes, from easy party appetizers to desserts. Their unique flavor and delicious crunchy consistency makes them ideal for using in a variety of recipes. Pecans go well with cheese for a savory dish and you can use them in salad recipes. They are also nice combined with sweet flavors like vanilla and cinnamon and candied pecans are really good. They will definitely be popular at your party – perhaps not with anyone wearing dentures but certainly with everyone else!
The following recipe makes half a cup of candied pecans but you can double the recipe if you have a lot of people coming over. Also, you can store candied pecans in an airtight container at room temperature for a while if you do happen to make too many or have some left over.
- ½ cup pecans
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- Combine the salt, sugar, milk, and cinnamon and bring the mixture to a boil over a medium heat, stirring it now and then.
- A heavy pan is best, if you have one.
- Cook the mixture to a soft boil, and then remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the nuts and vanilla and stir well until everything is coated.
- Pour on to waxed paper and separate the pecans using a pair of forks.
Nuts can be served just as they are, added to other appetizers or used as a garnish. Something else you might like to try is making candied nuts. This means the coating is sweet and crunchy while the nut inside stays about the same, so you can bite through the aromatic coating and then enjoy the pecan inside. Vanilla and cinnamon are added to the coating mixture for a sweet, fragrant touch, which really suits the nut flavor. Place these in little bowls around the room or use them to garnish a gourmet salad. You can also serve them after the dinner, perhaps on a cheese and grape platter.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37776 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24676 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15690 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15158 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)