Brandy Snaps with Whipped Cream
Brandy snaps are a traditional Christmas food and they are especially well loved in the UK. These crunchy treats make easy party appetizers. You can also serve them with a coffee or as dessert. Brandy snaps are really mouthwatering and you can either roll them into tubes or into cone shapes, before filling them with cream. If you are looking for sweet appetizer recipes and the best holiday appetizer recipes you might want to consider this tasty recipe.
Of course, like all the best holiday appetizer recipes, you can serve brandy snaps at other times if you like. They are too good to save for only Christmas. Why not surprise your guests with these easy party appetizers the next time you have a buffet or even if you just have some people over for coffee. If you make cookies or cakes to serve with coffee, these brandy snaps can make a welcome change.
You can use any type of brandy for making this recipe because you only need a teaspoon of it and the brandy is for flavor. If you don’t want to use it, you could use brandy essence or even leave it out altogether, although obviously this will change the flavor of these easy party appetizers.
- 2 oz butter
- 2 oz all purpose flour
- 2 oz golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon brandy
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ pint heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 oz white sugar
- 4 halved maraschino cherries, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the sugar, syrup and butter in a pan over a medium heat, stirring now and then, until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the lemon juice, stir and take the mixture off the heat.
- Mix in the ginger, brandy and flour until the batter is smooth.
- Grease a pair of baking trays and add teaspoons of the batter to them, 2 inches apart.
- Bake the brandy snaps until they are golden brown. Let them cool for a few minutes.
- Remove them from the baking trays using a palette knife and wrap them around a spoon handle to make tubes or roll them up to make cones.
- Let each brandy snap become firm before removing the spoon handle.
- Let them cool down and keep them in an airtight container.
- Whip the heavy cream with sugar to taste if desired, and pipe it into the brandy snaps.
- Use the maraschino cherries to decorate them.
These delicious brandy snaps are colorful and tempting. The pattern on the brandy snaps and their golden brown color looks immediately appealing and the whipped cream and cherry filling adds a splash of color and makes people want to sink their teeth into these easy party appetizers. Brandy snaps are just as nice served with a hot cup of coffee as with a buffet. Holiday appetizer recipes like brandy snaps can liven up any festive party when you want to make the nicest tasting appetizers and make your guests feel special by serving the best holiday appetizer recipes you can find.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21324 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13789 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)