Spicy BBQ Quesadilla Holiday Appetizer
Are you looking for holiday appetizer ideas? Fresh green salads, potato salads and chips often make the best barbeque appetizer because they are so quick and easy on the person throwing the barbeque. Finding affordable recipes to make for a barbeque appetizer is too time-consuming sometimes. It’s just easier to toss a salad, or chop some fruits and veggies up than it is to cook a variety of appetizers.
If you are having a barbeque and you want some easy party appetizers to make then chips and salsa is often your best friend. You don’t need to be fancy, just make a trip to the store and head down the snack aisle. No one expects a fancy dish or French appetizer when you are throwing a barbeque. Such a snack can be anything cold or room temperature. Rarely do you find hot barbeque appetizers because it is usually hot outside during barbeque season.
A good barbeque appetizer can just be good old-fashioned chips, fruit salad, potato or pasta salad, or something light and easy. Throw out the old red and white checkered table cloth and toss out a bowl of chips and some salad varieties. If you want to take the next step though and offer not just staple snacks but something extra-special, consider making a quesadilla appetizer to really wow everyone. If the barbeque is taking its sweet time to heat up and your guests are already hungry, bring out this homemade quesadilla and it will go down a treat. This quesadilla appetizer is simple to make and the flavor is incredible.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup spicy barbeque sauce
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar or Mexican blend perhaps)
- ½ thinly sliced yellow onion
- 6 diced slices bacon
- ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- 7 oz kidney beans, corn kernels or a mixture of both (optional)
- 8 large flour tortillas
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil over a medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add onion and cook for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in the bacon and brown sugar and cook until the bacon is crisp.
- Remove this mixture from the skillet.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce on one tortilla.
- Sprinkle on ¼ of the bacon mixture and 1 tablespoon of cilantro.
- Add the beans and/or corn too, if using.
- Add ½ cup of cheese.
- Top with a tortilla to make a quesadilla and press it down a bit using a wide spatula.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large skillet and put the quesadilla in the skillet.
- Cook on one side for 3 minutes.
- Carefully flip it over, using a wide spatula.
- Cook the other side until the cheese is completely melted.
- Remove to a paper plate to cool.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and fillings.
- Slice into wedges when cool.
Barbeque appetizers often include chips and dips, potato salad or other staples, but if you are in the mood for some fresh new flavors, try this exciting quesadilla recipe. The standard quesadilla recipe is made with tortillas and cheese only, but we have got adventurous with this recipe, using bacon, corn, onion, BBQ sauce, cheese, and other ingredients. Although you could serve this quesadilla for a meal in its own right, cut it into wedges and you have tasty appetizers for a crowd. The next time you have a barbeque, serve this as an appetizer and watch it disappear fast.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37779 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29237 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24692 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21798 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21329 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15693 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13794 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13361 Views)