Authentic Mexican Beef Wrapped Taquitos
Taquitos are like tacos, only a lot easier to eat because of their shape and size. They don’t drip like tacos either. Taquitos appeal to adults and kids alike. They are usually deep fried in Mexico but you can either deep fry or bake them. Baking them is healthier, of course, and the tortillas crisp and go brown. Serve them with sour cream or salsa for a tasty lunch or dinner or to make easy party appetizers.
There are different types of taquitos that you can make, like potato taquitos, El Monterey taquitos or beef wrapped tacos. The following recipe for easy beef wrapped taquitos is ideal as a Cinco de Mayo appetizer recipe or as easy party appetizers for any occasion or event.
Taquitos are not just suited to Mexican fiestas. In fact their crunchy texture and meaty flavor makes them perfect whenever you are searching for an interesting hot appetizer recipe. Holiday appetizer recipes do not get much tastier or much simpler than los taquitos and your guests are sure to delight in the flavor of these.
- ¾ lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
- 10 flour tortillas, 6 inches each
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, to garnish
- Sour cream, salsa or guacamole, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Warm the vegetable oil in a skillet over a moderate heat, then add the garlic and onion.
- Cook them for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the beef and sauté it for 3 minutes or until brown.
- Break it up using a spatula or wooden spoon while it cooks.
- Add the salt and pepper, chili powder and half the salsa.
- Keep cooking, stirring now and then, for about 10 minutes.
- Arrange the tortillas on a plate and put damp paper towels over them.
- Cook them for about 45 seconds in the microwave or until they are bendy and warm.
- Put ¼ cup of the beef mixture on each one and spread it over the tortilla, keeping within the edges.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top. Roll the tortillas up and arrange them seam side down on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
- Brush the vegetable oil over them and bake for about 10 minutes or until they are golden brown and the filling is hot.
- Serve with the cilantro sprinkled over the top and some guacamole, salsa or sour cream for dipping.
- You can serve all 3 sauces if you like, so people can dunk their taquitos in whichever they prefer.
- Maybe also serve some hot sauce on the side in case some of your guests want to spice their taquitos up.
You can see from this photo how crispy and appealing these taquitos are. Sprinkle chopped red bell pepper and fresh cilantro over the top to give them the red and green splash of color or simply serve them as they are, with guacamole, salsa or sour cream for dipping. Taquitos are hot, delicious and stuffed with a combination of ground beef, garlic onion and salsa. These easy party appetizers are fantastic for any occasion and they taste every bit as stunning as they look.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37802 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29294 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24733 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21820 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21390 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16261 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15725 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15183 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13838 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13404 Views)