Italian Salami Appetizer Kabobs
These bamboo stick appetizers are great looking and simple to put together. Each stick should have five pieces on. You might like to have ham instead of salami. You can also add marinated artichokes to the mix if you want to add something extra.
This salami appetizer is very Italian in style and each bamboo stick is packed with different flavors and textures, making them a real pleasure to eat. These salami appetizers are best served chilled so leave them in the refrigerator an hour before serving. You can add more red pepper flakes for a bit more spice or even a little bit of chili powder. These appetizer kabobs are pretty tasty as they are though.
The garlic, lemon and red pepper infused oil really adds a lot of flavor to the mushrooms and cheese. Marinated mushrooms are great and this marinade also adds flavor to the cubes of cheese. The salami has a lot of taste already and the overall flavor of this delicious cold appetizer recipe is amazing. If you are looking for make ahead recipes, you will enjoy these wonderful Italian salami appetizer kabobs because you can make them up to twenty four hours in advance.
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup olives
- 4 ½ oz canned mushrooms
- ½ lb mozzarella, cubed
- 16 slices hard salami, halved
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 sliced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 16 bamboo skewers
- Whisk together the vinegar and olive oil, and then add the garlic and lemon peel.
- Sprinkle in the red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning and whisk again.
- Add the mushrooms and cheese.
- Cover the bowls and shake or turn over to ensure the mushrooms and cheese is well covered with the oil.
- Chill for between 1 and 24 hours, turning now and then.
- Slide an olive on to each skewer, then a slice of salami, then a cheese cube, then some more salami and finally a mushroom.
- Keep going until you have used all the ingredients and then serve.
The kabobs can be made by threading the ingredients on to the skewers in whichever order you like or, like you can see in the picture, there is also the opportunity of getting really creative and making them look like birds or planes, and this is no more difficult. However you wish to thread the ingredients on to the kabobs, it is a very easy process. These are colorful and flavorful, and typical of something you would find on an Italian antipasti platter. Serve your guests this authentic taste of Italy and they are sure to appreciate it.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37778 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29235 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21327 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16226 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13791 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13358 Views)