French Appetizers Recipes
Easy French Bread Pizzas
You can now make your own French appetizers recipes for your parties, adding an Italian twist too. Enjoy all the pastries you love in mini portions with our amazing easy party recipes, and make the dishes you love for friends and family when they come over. Make the best appetizer recipes for your parties, picnics and potlucks, and everyone will be eating very well indeed. These personal pizza bites are a wonderful choice because they are satisfying yet not too filling. Serve them hot from the oven and everyone will fall in love with their incredible aroma and great flavor.
When discovering all the ways that French cuisine can make wonderful appetizers, we stumbled upon this recipe and just had to share it, because who does not love pizza? Mini quiches and other delightful treats are a great way to entertain, but if you want something hot, then choose this dish. Serve French appetizers recipes before you main course to take the edge off. Serve these tasty party appetizer recipes with your favorite wines or even with a beer for a more casual snack. Making these recipes is sophisticated and classy for parties and social gatherings, and everyone will know they are homemade.
You will love all the ways you can enjoy your favorite dishes with these easy-to-make recipes. Use our step-by-step instructions and photo. There are so many things that make French cuisine popular among guests, and homemade French bread is already wonderful. Just imagine how much better it is topped with your favorite pizza toppings.
Easy appetizer recipes are ideal for any occasion, be it a social affair or intimate gathering. Make your own appetizer using our delicious recipes. French food is always a trendy dish, so why not combine a touch of Italian with your French dishes, to make the perfect thing to serve before your main course, to get everyone in the mood for the entrée.
Do You Have a Favorite French Appetizers Recipe?
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 egg white
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2½ envelopes active dry yeast
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 2 cups warm water (at 110 degrees F)
- 6 oz shredded mozzarella
- ¼ chopped red onion
- ½ cup roughly chopped zucchini
- 3 oz roughly chopped bacon
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Pinch each of dried oregano, black pepper and dried basil
- Combine 2 cups of flour with the yeast and salt in a bowl.
- Stir in 2 cups of warm water, and beat until well blended using a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead in enough flour to make a stiff dough that is smooth and elastic.
- Knead it for about 8 to 10 minutes total then shape it into a ball.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, and turn it once to coat.
- Cover and let it rise in a warm place until doubled.
- Grease a baking sheet and sprinkle cornmeal over it.
- Place the loaves, seam side down, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly beat the egg white with 1 tablespoon of water, and brush it on.
- Cover with a damp cloth. Let rise until nearly doubled, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Punch the dough down, and divide it in half.
- Turn it out on a lightly floured surface.
- Cover, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll each half into large rectangle.
- Roll them up beginning from a long side.
- Moisten the edge with water and seal. Taper the ends.
- With a very sharp knife, make 3 or 4 diagonal cuts about ¼ inch deep across top of each loaf.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Brush again with egg white mixture.
- Bake for another 15 to 20 minutes, or until the bread tests are done.
- If necessary, you can cover the loaves loosely with foil to prevent over-browning.
- Remove from baking sheet, and cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, boil the zucchini for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Fry the bacon and onion in a pan for 5 minutes or until the bacon is cooked through.
- Slice each loaf in half lengthwise so you have 4 pieces.
- Spread tomato paste over each one.
- Top each one with a third of the mozzarella, the bacon, onion, zucchini, and finally the rest of the mozzarella.
- Sprinkle dried herbs and black pepper on each one.
- Broil for a couple of minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Watch these while they cook, so they do not burn.
- Make in advance and serve chilled if you wish, but they are better served warm.
You can see how appetizing these are. For a less filling appetizer, cut the pizza snacks into smaller portions and serve them as finger food. You could get about 20 appetizers this way. For something more satisfying, leave them whole, because they make great snacks while you watch the game or have friends over. You can make these ahead and serve them cold or serve them warm. Let them cool down for 5 minutes after they come out of the oven though, so nobody ends up burning their mouth on the hot cheese. If you want to spice these up, add some sliced jalapeños to the topping ingredients.
Photo Credit: Bacon-zucchini pizza toast by jeremydeades, on Flickr
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37776 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21796 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13785 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)