The Best Pumpkin Scones Recipe with Parsley Butter
These pumpkins scones are full of flavor and the pumpkin gives them a light orange color which is really appetizing. If you are making a recipe for pumpkin scones for a buffet, you can serve them sliced in half with the parsley butter on the side in a dish, so people can help themselves to it. The butter is good chilled or at room temperature. It is good chilled if you serve the scones hot because it melts into them, but if the scones have cooled down a bit, warm butter will spread better over them.
Parsley butter is simple to make and you can store it for a week in the refrigerator or a month in the freezer. Feel free to use different herbs if you want. Chives, dill, tarragon, sage, thyme, cilantro and rosemary are all good for making herb butter recipes and you can either mix two or more herbs or use just one. The parsley goes especially well with the pumpkin flavor in the following pumpkin scones recipe. You can use herb butter on other dishes too, such as steamed vegetables, pasta recipes and fish dishes.
These easy party appetizers will look great on a buffet table and they are also nice to offer around at the beginning of a seated dinner party, in addition to or instead of the bread and butter.
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- ½ cup cooked, mashed pumpkin
- 2 ½ cups self-rising flour
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 oz butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 stick butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 410 degrees F.
- Cream the parsley and stick of butter together using a fork.
- Add salt and lemon juice to taste.
- Shape the butter into a 1 inch diameter log and wrap it in a piece of plastic wrap, twisting the ends.
- Chill the butter in the refrigerator.
- Grease a baking sheet with the vegetable oil.
- Chop the ounce of butter into little pieces, and then beat them, using an electric mixer, with the sugar.
- Beat the egg lightly and stir this with the sugar and butter mixture.
- Add the milk and pumpkin and stir again.
- Sift the flour into another bowl and make a depression in the middle.
- Pour in the pumpkin mixture and use a flat knife to combine everything until you get a moist, soft dough.
- Knead the dough a bit, and then roll it out to make a ¾ inch thick round.
- Cut 2 inch scones out of the dough and arrange them on the greased baking sheet.
- Glaze them with the milk and bake until the scones are golden brown.
- This will take about 10 minutes.
- Serve the pumpkin scones hot with slices of the parsley butter.
Homemade pumpkin scones are a hundred times better than anything pre-packaged or defrosted. Imagine how soft, fluffy and flavorful these pumpkin scones are when they come out of the oven. The creamy parsley butter is flavored with a touch of salt and lemon and it melts wonderfully over the soft interior of the pumpkin scones. This is one of the best holiday appetizer recipes if you are looking for a Halloween appetizer recipe using pumpkin. They are also good if you want Thanksgiving appetizers. Pumpkin scones are quite unusual and most people won’t have tried anything like these before.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37779 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29239 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24693 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21798 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21329 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16229 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15696 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13795 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13361 Views)