English Sausage Rolls Recipe
Delicious English Sausage Rolls Recipe
Are you looking for a delicious roll recipe that is quick and easy and great for a on-the-go lunch? Try my amazing English Sausage Rolls Recipe today and you will absolutely love it!
English Sausage Rolls
Living in a house full of guys I am always looking for new snack ideas that will appeal to their man sized appetites but which are nutritious as well and will give them the energy to see them through the rest of the afternoon until I serve dinner.
These great sausage rolls fit the bill nicely. They are full of protein, great to go grabbers in that they can eat on their way out the door, in the car and even on their bikes. The kids love them because they’re easy to handle and fun to dip in all their favorite sauces. Even my husband likes to dip them in his favorite sauce combinations!
So, if you want a recipe for a nutritious and filling snack that will be enjoyed by all try this English sausage rolls recipe. Hands down it will be raved about for days to come and will defiantly be asked for often.
These English sausage rolls will even make a great lunch; just be sure to take proper measures to keep it from spoiling, you might want to wrap a couple these in a hand towel and against a frozen ice pack. They can be warmed later in your office lunch room microwave.
Do You Like English Sausage Rolls?
- 17¼ oz thawed puff pastry sheets
- 1 beaten egg
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 16 oz pork sausagemeat
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Unfold the puff pastry sheets and cut along the fold lines of each sheet to form 6 equal squares, so you get 12 squares total.
- Brush each square with mustard.
- Divide the sausage into 12 pieces, and roll them into logs.
- Place one log on each square.
- Roll the dough around the sausage, and seal with some beaten egg.
- Arrange the English sausage rolls on an ungreased baking sheet, and brush the tops with the rest of the egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the rolls are puffed and golden.
- They might be ready after 10 minutes, so keep an eye on them.
- Serve hot, warm or chilled.
- These freeze (unbaked) very well.
Photo Credit: Sausage roll! by xoque, on Flickr
Sausage rolls are always good whether you enjoy them hot from the oven or take them to school, college or work as a cold snack. This recipe is really easy to make too, and you only need 4 ingredients to make them. The mustard adds a tasty touch to the basic flavor. The photo shows what the finished sausage rolls are going to look like. These are versatile enough to serve at any time of get-together, or you can make them for the family’s box lunches. The recipe is very simple and any home cook will find these a breeze to make.
The Perfect Afternoon Tea Recipe Book
by Antony Wild
There is more to serving afternoon tea than brewing a pot of tea and serving a few sandwiches, and this handy book is full of pearls of wisdom. Discover how to make lovely treats like tea breads, classic cakes, fruity recipes and more. The book offers plenty of color photos as well as recipes for all the treats. The book is quite large so you could even use it as a coffee table book. Anyone’s mouth will start to water when they see the wonderful pictures in there. It consistently gets high ratings from reviewers who love the fact this is a very complete book and offers so many different recipes for you to choose from. This is a must-have for anyone who loves having tea parties or wishes to learn how to make some typical English tea party fare.
Videos for “How to Make Sausage Rolls”
Step by Step Instructions for Making Sausage Rolls
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37802 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29294 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24733 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21820 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21390 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16261 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15725 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15183 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13838 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13404 Views)