One of the Best Stuffed Mushroom Recipes with Garlic Beef
Stuffed mushrooms taste fantastic. They are such a versatile dish as well. You can serve them as an appetizer or as a side dish. They are perfect for potluck dinners or buffets, as well as all kinds of parties.
If you want to serve these as an entree, use portabella mushrooms because they are huge. You will only need two of them. Else, you can use any kind of mushrooms you like. Little ones are good as finger food because you can pick them up and eat them in one or two bites.
The following recipe combines mushrooms with a ground beef filling and the filling is livened up with parsley, garlic, basil, cheese and more. These mushrooms have an amazing aroma and everyone will want to taste this delicious recipe for stuffed mushrooms as soon as they are out of the oven! The moistness of the mushrooms and the filling means these do not need a dipping sauce.
- 2 lbs fresh mushrooms (chop and reserve the stems)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar
- 1 teaspoon crushed, dried basil
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ⅔ cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3 teaspoon dried parsley
- ⅓ cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook the beef in a skillet over a moderate heat until it is brown.
- Drain the beef, crumble it, and set it to one side.
- Melt the butter in a pan over a moderate heat and stir in the bell pepper, mushrooms stems, parsley, garlic, and ⅔ of the basil.
- Combine the ground beef with the green bell pepper mixture.
- Stir in the Cheddar and breadcrumbs.
- Put the mushroom caps on a baking sheet upside down and stuff each one with the stuffing mixture.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until the filling is golden brown.
- Sprinkle the remaining basil and the parmesan over the top and serve hot.
As you can see from the picture, stuffed mushrooms are colorful and appealing. The basil and parmesan finishes them off beautifully and you can see how succulent the mushrooms are. They are oozing their juices out and this keeps them moist and wonderful. You can use green bell peppers instead of red ones, if you prefer their flavor, but the mushrooms will not be as colorful as those in the picture if you do that.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37803 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29294 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24733 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21820 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21390 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16262 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15726 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15184 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13850 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13405 Views)