Meatball Appetizer are a Mainstay of Cocktail Parties
Are you planning a dinner party and need a good appetizer to serve? Meatball appetizers are a great treat to make for any dinner party and will be a big hit with your guests. Try this meatball appetizer recipe for meatballs that are sweet and spicy and easy to make. This meatball appetizer recipe is so tasty that it will be a great addition to any meal planned for your dinner party.
Based on ground beef, these meatballs also include breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, egg, and more, and they are browned, and then finished off in a lovely chili and jelly sauce. The results is a platter of Swedish meatballs which boast a wonderful flavor, and the sweet and spicy sauce is amazing. These will smell amazing while they are cooking and then you can serve them on individual plates with small forks or, if you prefer, on one large platter with toothpicks, for a more casual style of eating.
Whether you serve one of these to each guest as they arrive, enjoy it as a Superbowl party snack, or simply make them as a treat for the family, everyone is going to love the homemade flavor of this special meatball recipe. If you want to tweak the recipe, consider using half pork and half beef rather than just beef, or even try chicken or turkey, for a lighter flavor.
Do You Have a Favorite Recipe for Meatball Appetizer?
- ½ cup dried breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ chopped onion
- 1¼ cups grape jelly
- 1 egg,1 lb ground beef
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 fl oz tomato-based chili sauce
- Stir together the ground beef, breadcrumbs, onion, milk, egg, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper.
- Mix until well blended, then shape into round balls.
- Warm a large skillet on the stove over a medium heat.
- Add the meatballs and cook for 5 minutes or until the meatballs are browned.
- Remove the meatballs from the heat and drain them on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Next add the jelly and the chili sauce, and heat until the jelly is melted down and the sauce is mixed together well.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce.
- Reduce the heat and let the meatballs simmer for another half an hour.
Photo Credit: Swedish Meatballs – 30 Kitchen + Bar by dbgg1979, on Flickr
Meatballs always go down well, and nobody can resist them when they spot them at a party of social gathering. These are made with beef for a hearty flavor, and they also feature onion, Worcestershire sauce and more. The meatballs are shaped and browned first, then finished off in a chili and jam sauce, so you will experience a range of flavors in every bite. The photo shows what you can expect from this recipe. These are hearty yet not too filling, so you could serve them as a first course before the entrée comes out if you wanted to, perhaps 3 or 4 meatballs per person with a few baby salad leaves.
Leave a Reply
- Smoked Salmon Mini Pancake Rolls with Feta Cream Cheese May 9, 2016
- Asian Appetizers – Fried Wontons, Prawn Toast and Spring Rolls April 26, 2016
- Buttery Garlic Breadsticks Stuffed with Cheese April 15, 2016
- Garlic and Rosemary Italian Focaccia Bread Appetizer April 2, 2016
- Deep Fried Mac and Cheese Bites with Dipping Sauce March 28, 2016
- Honey and Rosemary Baked Brie March 20, 2016
- Mixed Fresh Fruit Kebab Appetizers March 12, 2016
- Herbed Cheese and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Appetizer March 5, 2016
- Stuffed Red Onion Appetizer February 27, 2016
- Loaded Cheeseburger Slider with Onion Rings February 22, 2016
- Home (37777 Views)
- Mini Quiches with Cheese and Spinach (29232 Views)
- Easy Roll Up Tortilla Sandwiches Recipe (24686 Views)
- Chicken Wings Appetizer Recipe (21797 Views)
- Goat Cheese in Puff Pastry Appetizers (21323 Views)
- The Best Crab Rangoon Recipe (16209 Views)
- Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches (15691 Views)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Appetizers (15159 Views)
- Romantic Holiday Appetizers for Two (13788 Views)
- The Creamiest Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipes (13355 Views)